Avengers Academy’s latest update and event is going Iron Man-centric, with Armor Wars bursting onto your Avengers Academy app now on iOS or Android.
After the Spider-Man: Homecoming event, it is revealed that Vulture sold technology to people looking to beat Tony Stark at his own game. So we will see Yellowjacket, Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash take on the young inventor and the rest of the Avengers Academy.
To help our heroes, there will be a few new heroes additions too, including Ironheart (who is a Premium character, naturally) and Iron Lad. We’ll also see a number of the villains change sides during the event, so there’ll be plenty of new characters to add to your academy by the end. Plus, existing characters will be getting cool new armor costumes for the event, including the Wasp.
The game update will utilize the sky Yale story system seen in updates past, as well as the new combat table, with distinctive new scenes and areas to explore in combat.
And apparently, this one will be a short event. While they haven’t been specific about how long the event is, in the Marvel PR interview on Marvel.com, they did clarify that their event will end more “swiftly than usual”, and that the following event will in fact be Hell’s Kitchen-focused again, presumably just in time for the release of Netflix’s Defenders series. So what new Defenders-related heroes might we get this time? No one specified, but we are promised more Hell’s Kitchen heroes and new costumes for existing heroes in game.
Of course, Inhumans, and even seemingly X-Men, are still occasionally being teased in game, so presumably these will come up when Marvel finally have a free space in their release slate…so Inhumans and X-Men fans will have to keep waiting a little longer.
- Animals Invade the Avengers Academy for Christmas
- The Inhumans Are Finally Arriving At Avengers Academy
- Not To Be Outdone, Avengers Academy Brings The Defenders To The Palm Of Your Hand
- Spider-Man Homecoming Update Coming For Avengers Academy
- Avengers Academy Sidesteps Into The Multiverse
- What's Next For Avengers Academy - More Guardians, Inhumans And...X-Men?
- What Someone Working On Marvel Avengers Academy Learned From Their First Kickstarter
- Judas #1 Review: A Gorgeous New Book that is Mysterious and Intriguing - December 11, 2017
- Loki to be Pansexual and Gender Fluid in New Series of Marvel Anti-Hero Books in 2019 - December 11, 2017
- Star Trek: Discovery Absolutely Earns Its Place in the Star Trek Continuity - December 11, 2017
- Things to Do in Malmö, Sweden This January if You Like Comics - December 11, 2017
- The Wicked + the Divine Christmas Annual #1 Review: Oh Hot Damn, Spicy Christmas! - December 11, 2017