Frank Cho spent his San Diego Comic-Con creating sketch covers and taking commissions…and then posting them for all his fans to enjoy. And, yes, as ever, they are in a certain oeuvre. Beginning with a private commission of Zatanna getting a position as professor at Hogwarts.
Zatanna art commission done, ready for pick-up at San Diego Comicon.
And the sketch covers, beginning with Mary Jane and her loving stay-at-home husband.
Some practical tips for superheroines…
Mary Jane loves wheat cakes, sketch cover.
Here’s the third sketch cover I did at San Diego Comicon. The wheat cake joke became the sleeper hit of the summer and I was bombarded by fans wanting more wheat cake loving Mary Jane art.
So, why disappoint the fans? Ask and you shall receive. Wheat cakes for everyone!
Black Cat and Spider-Man sketch cover.
Here’s the second sketch cover I did at San Diego Comicon. I always wondered if superheroes stretched and warmed-up before battles. Because, let’s face it, fighting is a very strenuous exercise
And a flashback to an unfortunate costume of choice for The Invisible Woman from the ’90s. Man, that was a strange decade. It could be argued that Frank Cho never left…
Sue Storm sketch cover.
One of three sketch covers I did at San Diego. This is fun piece where I take a jab at the lousy costumes of the 1990s, especially the outrageously revealing Invisible Woman costume complete with boob window shaped like the number “4”
Frank Cho, coming to a comic convention near you! And the outrage is free!
- John Constantine and Swamp Thing Have a Brand New Trick in Justice League Dark #5 - November 19, 2018
- Aquaman UK Release Date Moves Up Two Days to the 12th December - November 19, 2018
- Jorge Fornés Joins Tom King on Batman – With a Bungee Jump? - November 19, 2018
- Image Comics Issues Mandatory Recall Of Dead Rabbit #1 and #2… Over Trademark? - November 19, 2018
- New Comic Store Opens in Herceg Novi, Montenegro - November 19, 2018