CD Projekt Red, creators of The Witcher series of games, are inviting players to gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany where they will be showcasing their latest title, Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, with an official tournament taking place during the show. The gamescom tournament will be a 2-day event starting on August 25th, with the final match set for August 26th. It will be held at the Gwent booth in the Entertainment Area (hall 8, stand B021), where the studio will be presenting new content coming to the game.
Much like with the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds announcement from earlier today, this also doesn’t come as much of a surprise, but I am glad to see it. Gwent is an oddly engrossing game with incredibly simple rules. The fun of Gwent comes all down to bluffing and strategy.
You can find out more information about the tournament and even sign up for it here.
A total of 8 players will compete for a piece of the $25,000 prize pool. 7 will be the top players among those who signed up to participate in the tournament, determined by their ranking on August 1st, 4PM CEST. The 8th player will be decided the winner of an additional Wild Card Qualifiers event held on August 24th, prior to the main event, at the Gwent booth. The tournament is part of a larger esports plan for Gwent to be revealed during the show. Which, again, should come as no surprise.
(Last Updated July 25, 2017 2:27 pm )
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018
- EA and UEFA Reveal the eChampions League for FIFA 19 - November 11, 2018
- PlayStation Owners in Chicago will be Taxed Extra for Game Rentals - November 11, 2018
- Thief Simulator Tops Steam’s Bestseller List This Weekend - November 11, 2018