Every month, Bleeding Cool runs Diamond monthly statistics for ordered comics for North American comic book stores. You may even get a little analysis, if you’re lucky. But how much does it matter? Quite a bit, apparently.
Diamond Comic Distributors to amended their records so that, in March 2017, the new X-O Manowar #1 is no longer the 12th bestseller of the month, but the 10th — which saw it beat both issues of Justice League out that month.
Diamond explained it in a letter to retailers as a “billing error on Diamond’s part” as eligible issues ordered by retailers were not properly credited in March’s sales charts. And now they have been. See for yourself. Before…
However, note that the massive discounts retailers received for ordering the comic has left its dollar ranking remaining where it was, at #13.
- An Early Thanksgiving Present From DC Comics and Walmart - November 21, 2018
- Tying Up General Callahan in Astonishing X-Men #17 - November 21, 2018
- Cerebus Drops the Reprints in February 2019 for Sim City: A Dave To Kill For - November 21, 2018
- Grayson Lines Up A New Potential Girlfriend in Nightwing #53 (Spoilers) - November 21, 2018
- Oni Press Has Pilu Of The Woods and Queer & Trans Identities Join Rick & Morty in February 2019 Solicits - November 21, 2018