At San Diego Comic-Con, at the Doctor Who panel in Hall H, Steve Moffat is holding court in front of six thousand people and the world’s media, accompanied by Peter Capaldi, Pearl Mackie, Matt Lucas, Michelle Gomez and Mark Gatiss.
And Steve Moffat gave all the assembled journalists a really decent headline quote. About how terrible they all are. Regarding the appointment of Jody Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor by the next showrunner, Chris Chibnall and the reported backlash and complaints about the decision to cast a female Doctor, he tells them.
“There is no backlash, that is people who are looking for a problem. I wish every journalist who is writing the opposite would shut the hell up.”
He says there is 80% approval on social media of Whittaker. Thanks for the quote Steven! The panel is updating here…
- DC Comics are Really Crucifying Red Hood These Days - November 14, 2018
- So How Old Are Valeria Richards, Franklin Richards and Jonathan Kent Now? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- When Wonder Woman and Captain America Challenge US Government Policy - November 14, 2018
- Venom #8 And Captain America #5 Have Very Similar Final Page Twists… (SPOILERS) - November 14, 2018
- When Was Iceman In the Fantastic Four? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018