Princeless, the Eisner-nominated comic from Action Lab and created by Jeremy Whitley, is getting a movie adaptation from Sony. The news was reported by Deadline before Action Lab’s panel at San Diego Comic Con Saturday.
Stefani Robinson (Atalanta) will write the script about a princess who doesn’t need saving, and instead sets out to rescue her sisters from towers along with her dragon friend. Whitley tried to launch the series once at another publisher, Firetower, with a different artist before ending up at Action Lab and teaming with Mia Goodwin. Subsequent volumes have featured art by Emily Martin, Ted Brant, Rosie Higgins, and others.
The comic’s description:
Still waiting for your prince to come? Tired of spending night after night locked in a secluded tower?
Ready for your own adventure? So are we. Princeless is the story of Princess Adrienne, one princess who’s tired of waiting to be rescued.
Join Adrienne and her guardian dragon, Sparky, as they begin their own quest in an all-ages action adventure designed specifically for those who are tired of waiting to be rescued– and who are ready to save themselves.
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018