Jeremy Konrad writes from San Diego Comic-Con:
Let me get this out of the way now: I don’t play Hearthstone, and I probably never will. I know zero about it.
OK, still with me? Cool.
So as I walked around the Interactive Zone at Petco Park, I was hot and roasting in the sun, so I decided to try out The Lich King’s Ice Cream Citadel. The line had just opened, so I got right in, but it filled up extremely fast. Apparently, this has something to do with a level boss in the game, but to me, it was nothing more than an awesome logo.
As we entered: sweet relief! And not from the ice cream, which came in the flavors on the board, but from how stupid cold it was on the inside. They were serving Villian-illa and Scourgeberry Sorbet. As a fan of food puns, I appreciated that. We only got to choose one, however, so I chose the sorbet, thinking it would be more refreshing.
After walking by The King himself (I’m still unsure whether or not he was a real person), I stepped out of the booth into the heat and enjoyed what turned out to be delicious strawberry sorbet. Too bad it took like, a nanosecond to eat — it was so small.
After giving back the sword and poster given to me so a real fan could get it, my time in this enchanted land came to an end. While it probably wasn’t worth the wait, they did a great job with the design and the sorbet was super good. Will I play the game though? Probably not, sadly. One never knows, though…
- Looks Like Leviathan Begins in Action Comics #1007 - November 17, 2018
- Todd Matthy’s Writer’s Commentary on Robots Vs Princesses #3 - November 17, 2018
- Viz Announce My Hero Academia: Smash, Komi Can’t Communicate, Beastars and Automatic Eve for 2019 - November 17, 2018
- Kodansha to Publish Cardcaptor Sakura: Collector’s Edition in 2019 - November 17, 2018
- Batman Writer Tom King Takes on Bill Maher Over Stan Lee and Donald Trump - November 17, 2018