From Bleeding Cool reporter Marilyn Weiss:
The Sailor Moon Official Panel was hosted by Charlene Ingram, director of Animation Marketing for Viz Media, and featured Amanda Miller, Robbie Daymond and Cherami Leigh of Sailor Moon Crystal English voice cast.
Viz Media has some fun announcements for all of you Sailor Moon fans out there! Pre-orders are now open for Sailor Moon Crystal Season 3. The set will be available this holiday season and pre-orders will include a special Sailor Moon sun catcher.
Coming in January 2018 is the Sailor Moon Eternal Edition of the original manga. The Eternal Edition will be a new translation of the series collected in 10 volumes, each with their own new cover. The collected volumes will be larger then the original manga at 7″ x 10″ and will feature full color pages.
Panel also attendees got a sneak peak of the new season. The clip was from Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27. In the clip Usagi races against Makoro in the arcade, when a mysterious blonde haired racer appears and offers advice. Meanwhile Mamarou runs into a teal haired girl on the street who tells him that he has the eyes of a prince. So mysterious!
The panel also had a special announcement for Sailor Moon Crystal fans; in Season Four of Sailor Moon, Super S Pegasus will be voiced by Chris Noisi. While Noisi was not able to attend the panel himself, he did send along a prerecorded message expressing his excitement for the new season.
Announcements aside, the best part of the panel was Green Bay defensive end and anime fan, Mike Daniels. Daniels has clearly been enjoying his time at SDCC and gave everyone at the panel his best “MOON GLITTER!” rallying cry.
- ‘Teen Titans GO! vs. Teen Titans’: Let Reasoned Discussion, Debate Begin! - October 23, 2018
- Kidding Season 1, Episode 7 ‘Kintsugi’: Imperfectly Perfect in Every Way - October 23, 2018
- Steve Carell Joins Apple’s Untitled Morning Show Series with Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston - October 23, 2018
- Charmed Season 1, Episode 2 ‘Let This Mother Out’: Interesting Dynamic Marred by Glaring Clichés - October 23, 2018
- Ryan Murphy Updates Son’s Cancer Fight, Donates $10M to Hospital - October 23, 2018