One of the writers from Destiny and Halo, Jon Goff, is helping pen Microsoft’s long-awaited Crackdown 3 according to a recent interview with Paste. Goff spent some time during the interview to reflect on his perspective writing for Crackdown 3 and how it’s different from his past experiences:
“With Crackdown, I wouldn’t say it’s like working on comics and games like Destiny and stuff I’ve done with Halo, because I’ve done a lot of [work] with heroes and building the world through the hero’s eyes,” Goff said.
“The fun thing we’re getting to do with Crackdown here, though we still have the hero and the agents … I’m getting to spend a lot of time with the villains. We’re building this cadre of villains that are enemies you love to hate.”
“Some people take ‘Saturday morning cartoon’ as derogatory; I don’t,” Goff said. “I think it’s a gold standard. Those things have character that were incredibly memorable in the middle of some fairly forgettable entertainment. We’re trying to make memorable entertainment with memorable villains.”
“That crucible of creativity, and developing a game like Crackdown 3, there are so many systems and so much gameplay and so many things the player can do, and to be able to fit badass characters that you want to punch in the face in the middle of that, it’s a blast.”
While I wouldn’t say either Halo or Destiny are known for their rich storylines, neither is Crackdown. So Goff joining the Crackdown team is decently positive news. We’ll get just enough story to keep us entertained without it getting in the way of Crackdown‘s action.
- Katy Perry to Join Cast of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - December 11, 2018
- The Leaderboard and NYXL to Host a Super Smash Bros Livestream Next Week - December 11, 2018
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018