One of the writers from Destiny and Halo, Jon Goff, is helping pen Microsoft’s long-awaited Crackdown 3 according to a recent interview with Paste. Goff spent some time during the interview to reflect on his perspective writing for Crackdown 3 and how it’s different from his past experiences:
“With Crackdown, I wouldn’t say it’s like working on comics and games like Destiny and stuff I’ve done with Halo, because I’ve done a lot of [work] with heroes and building the world through the hero’s eyes,” Goff said.
“The fun thing we’re getting to do with Crackdown here, though we still have the hero and the agents … I’m getting to spend a lot of time with the villains. We’re building this cadre of villains that are enemies you love to hate.”
“Some people take ‘Saturday morning cartoon’ as derogatory; I don’t,” Goff said. “I think it’s a gold standard. Those things have character that were incredibly memorable in the middle of some fairly forgettable entertainment. We’re trying to make memorable entertainment with memorable villains.”
“That crucible of creativity, and developing a game like Crackdown 3, there are so many systems and so much gameplay and so many things the player can do, and to be able to fit badass characters that you want to punch in the face in the middle of that, it’s a blast.”
While I wouldn’t say either Halo or Destiny are known for their rich storylines, neither is Crackdown. So Goff joining the Crackdown team is decently positive news. We’ll get just enough story to keep us entertained without it getting in the way of Crackdown‘s action.
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018