Revealed at the Lucasfilm Publishing panel at San Diego Comic Con today, Jody Houser will adapt Timothy Zahn’s latest Thrawn novel for Marvel Comics. No word yet on who the artist will be.
Released back in April, Thrawn sees Zahn, writer of the original Thrawn trilogy, return to the character. The description of the novel reads:
One of the most cunning and ruthless warriors in the history of the Galactic Empire, Grand Admiral Thrawn is also one of the most captivating characters in the Star Wars universe, from his introduction in bestselling author Timothy Zahn’s classic Heir to the Empire through his continuing adventures in Dark Force Rising, The Last Command, and beyond. But Thrawn’s origins and the story of his rise in the Imperial ranks have remained mysterious. Now, in Star Wars: Thrawn,Timothy Zahn chronicles the fateful events that launched the blue-skinned, red-eyed master of military strategy and lethal warfare into the highest realms of power—and infamy.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Erin Wilhelm is on the scene at the panel, and we should have a full report later.
This isn’t the first time Thrawn has come to comics. The entire original trilogy was adapted by Dark Horse back in the 1990s.
UPDATE: The cover has been released, revealing artists Luke Ross and Nolan Woodard are on the creative team.
- Marvel Celebrates Politics in Comics with World Outside Your Window Hardcover - December 18, 2018
- Betty and Veronica Make a Secret Pact in Tomorrow’s Betty & Veronica #1 - December 18, 2018
- Valiant Smashes the System With Line Art Preview of Punk Mambo #1 - December 18, 2018
- To Create Synergy with Women’s History Month, IDW Plans Hasbro Anthology - December 18, 2018
- Hulk Goes to Therapy in March’s Immortal Hulk #15 - December 18, 2018