Marvel has finally let us know what the heck is up with that Iron Fists comic they teased a full year ago, which is like 47 years in comic book reboot years. Bleeding Cool had the scoop back then, on an Iron Fist series where Iron Fist has a
6-year-old young teen girl as a partner, from Kaare Andrews and Afu Chan. It was originally meant to be part of Marvel NOW, the one with the wavy lines through the now, not to be confused with the original Marvel NOW, All-New All-Different Marvel NOW, or Marvel NOW.1.
Announced at the Marvel Next Big Thing panel at San Diego Comic Con, The Immortal Iron Fists is now a six issue, bi-weekly, digital-only series, EXCLUSIVE to comiXology and Kindle, and available to download right now. No, seriously:
A unique entry-point that’s perfect for new fans and longtime readers alike! Danny Rand has been a lot of things: an orphan, a billionaire, a hero for hire, and the Immortal Iron Fist. He holds the ancient mantle and power of the Iron Fist that has been passed down through the generations but now he faces his most difficult challenge yet: being a mentor and teacher to Pei, a monk from K’un-Lun and the youngest person to ever bear the mark of the Iron Fist. While Pei tackles the trials of training and high school, Danny discovers there’s another threat on the horizon, one that might take more than one pair of Iron Fists to defeat!
Part of the comiXology Originals line of exclusive digital content only available on comiXology and Kindle. This title is available as part of comiXology Unlimited.
UPDATE: Kaare Andrews has corrected Bleeding Cool’s report on Twitter:
For our mistakes, both ourselves and Rich Johnston (for his article last year) will receive bare bottom spankings, as per Bleeding Cool disciplinary policy.
- New Comic Publisher TKO Launches With Big Name Creators and Revolutionary Ambitions - December 10, 2018
- Barnes & Noble Gets a Retailer-Exclusive Edition of Mister Miracle - December 10, 2018
- Cyclops Goes Old School in #XMenMonday Sneak Peeks - December 10, 2018
- Another Year of Rick and Morty Presents One-Shots on the Way from Oni Press - December 10, 2018
- Best-Selling Author Gaby Dunn Makes Comics Debut with Claire Roe in Bury the Lede OGN - December 10, 2018