“Join the Jaeger Uprising,” the voice of John Boyega says in the first teaser for Pacific Rim Uprising, the Giant Mech vs Monster sequel that fans have been waiting for. The teaser treats us to over a minute of footage, introducing the new Jaeger designs — including Gypsy Avenger.
The original Pacific Rim pulled in $300 million globally and led to immediate talk of a sequel, but delays continued until creator Guillermo del Toro stepped aside and Marvel’s Daredevil season one showrunner Steven S. DeKnight stepped in for his feature film debut.
The film is said to take place a few years after the first movie, following Jake Pentecost (Boyega), son of Stacker (Idris Elba), who saw his father die at the end of Pacific Rim. The film is being directed by DeKnight and written by del Toro, Zak Penn, Jon Spaihts, Derek Connolly, Emily Carmichael, Kira Snyder, and T.S. Nowlin.
Pacific Rim Uprising is scheduled to hit theaters on February 23rd, 2018.
— Pacific Rim (@PacificRim) July 20, 2017
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018