It’s been a good past couple of days for Dark Horse Comics. Last week, news that Netflix had picked up a season order of the TV adaptation of Umbrella Academy was a big hit with fans of the series. Just this morning, Karen Berger revealed the opening lineup of her new imprint, Berger Books. And now, two more Dark Horse properties have been announced as getting television adaptations as Dark Horse has renewed its first look deal with Universal Cable Productions, as reported by THR.
From cartoonist Matt Kindt, Mind MGMT is about a secret government psychic espionage organization. One of the things that made the comic unique, besides the story of course, was the dedication Kindt showed to making the single issue comic book experience worthwhile, with hidden messages throughout the comic amongst other bonuses.
It will be interesting to see if those aspects translate to the TV adaptation, which will be written by Dan Cerone. A Ridley Scott produced movie adaptation of Mind MGMT was in the works back in 2013, but seems to have fizzled out.
Flutter is an award winning graphic novel series by Jennie Wood and Jeff McComsey about a 15-year-old girl who uses her shapeshifting powers to change into a boy in order to pursue a girl she likes. Katherine Lindberg and Marc Rosen will write that adaptation.
In an interesting addition, under the auspices of the Dark Horse and UCP deal, two podcasts are also getting TV adaptations: Tanis by Terry Miles and The Bright Sessions by Lauren Shippen. If this trend keeps up, they’ll be making an adaptation of Bleeding Cool’s news stories before long.
And if you think we’re insufferable now…
- Former Vertigo Editor Karen Berger Launches Initial Line-Up Of Berger Books At Dark Horse, With Dave Gibbons, Ann Nocenti, David Aja And Anthony Bourdain
- Berger Books From Dark Horse Comics Gets A Logo
- Gerard Way And Gabriel Ba's Umbrella Academy Lands 10 Episode Season At Netflix
- George R. R. Martin Optimistic About New Game Of Thrones Book In 2018 - July 23, 2017
- Return To ‘Westworld’ With HBO’s Season 2 Comic-Con Trailer - July 23, 2017
- Fanboy Rampage: Cullen Bunn Trapped In “Rage-Spiral” At Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Jeremy Whitley’s Princeless Is Coming To The Big Screen - July 23, 2017
- No Online Footage, But Black Panther Gets A New Poster From Comic-Con - July 22, 2017