Nintendo made no announcement at EVO 2017 about a Smash Bros. title for the Switch, but that’s okay — Icons: Combat Arena is going to attempt to appease that fan base with something different. For this game, it doesn’t really matter if you’re more of a Melee fan or a Wii U version fan, because the goal is to take the best of both worlds and marry them with a new set of characters that have nothing to do with the Nintendo brand at all.
The trailer for the game was released during the event, which we’ve posted below. As you can see, it looks and feels a lot like Smash, but with a very different tone of what is to be achieved. Honestly, if you compare it to Nintendo’s games, you’ll notice there’s a lot more pomp and circumstance in the audio, while here it feels a bit more subdued — as if they took a layer of paint off and showed you the bare bones of it all.
For what it’s worth, it looks really smooth and the characters do look mighty interesting, but now it’s just a matter of finding out the finer details and seeing how people gravitate to it. What are your thoughts on the game?
- Surprise! Not Many People Are Liking Nintendo's Switch App
- Super Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids & More From Nintendo At SDCC
- Lying In The Gutters, 12th June 2017 - Chocolate And Salty
- Report: Wonder Woman Is Expected To Bury The Mummy At The Box Office This Weekend
- Watch A Newcomer Take Down A 'Smash Bros.' Legend
- Watch A Total Unknown Player Trounce One Of The Biggest 'Smash Bros' Players At Frostbite 2017
- Finding A New Sandbox To Play In: We Review ‘Albion Online’ - July 25, 2017
- Puzzles Within The Forest Abroad: We Review ‘Aporia: Beyond The Valley’ - July 25, 2017
- YouTube’s Ad-Pocalypse: Analyzing The Aftermath On Let’s Players - July 25, 2017
- An Advanced Throwback: We Review The Tokyoflash Polygon LCD Watch - July 25, 2017
- ‘Pyre’, ‘Namco Museum’ & ‘Polara’ In Video Game Releases: July 25-31 - July 25, 2017