One of the more interesting titles from the Ys series will be making it’s way to PC this summer. YS Seven was announced by XSEED Games during their livestream for Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection a few days ago that the game will be released on Steam later this summer.
Ys Seven was originally released back in 2010 for the PSP with a PC release in China exclusively in 2012. However, that’s the only access people have had to the game beyond pirated ports. XSEED took on the task of doing an official contracted port and will be taking a hammer and some spit-polish to the game. They will improve the graphics to run at 60 FPS, as well as get an adjustment to the localization.
Ys Seven is probably one of the best games in the series that deserved a better release schedule and exposure but never really got the chance as Nihon Falcom was only really developing PSP exclusive titles at the time as a way to boost interest in the console. Hopefully, we’ll start to see more of the Ys library make its way over to PC, and with any luck, becomes downloadable titles for the PS4 somewhere down the road.
- XSEED Drops A New Trailer For ' Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash'
- Anime Expo 2017: Adol's Silver Armor Will Return As A DLC Item For Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
- More RPG Goodness For Your Game Collection: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
- Feeling Like I Went Back A Decade With 'Akiba's Beat'
- Going Back A Decade For Hack-N-Slash Fun With 'Ys Origin'
- 'RPG Maker Fes' & 'Ys Vlll' Among NIS America's Big Announcements
- Rocket League Will Finally Get Crossplay Party Support In 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Monster Hunter: World Will Not Be Coming To Nintendo Switch - January 21, 2018
- Overwatch League Fines and Suspends Player for Homophobic Comments - January 21, 2018
- Blizzard Reveals Five New Skins Today For Overwatch - January 21, 2018
- Nike Is Introducing a Pair of PlayStation Shoes in February - January 21, 2018