Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters is claims to be the definitive version of Yo-Kai Watch 2. And it mostly lives up to that, from what we know. Level-5 has no set release date for Psychic Specters but the game is launching in the Fall later this year in Europe. Back in April, it was announced that the game would also be coming to North America within the same time frame. Likely those two releases will be around the same time. These days it is rather rare to see EU and NA versions of a game come out with more than a few days between them, but it does happen from time to time.
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters contains all of the content already found in Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls, as well as a slew of new content and features. Dualshockers reports the new features to include:
- 12 brand new quests, including one that delves into the origins of the mysterious Darknyan – combined with the quests from Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls, this gives a total of 100 quests to tackle
- The chance to befriend 15 Wicked Yo-kai, who have previously only appeared as adversaries – now giving a total of more than 300 playable Yo-kai
- Exclusive dungeons for owners of Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls – players with save data from one or both of the previous versions can access new dungeons to fight special bosses and befriend exclusive Yo-kai
- New locations to explore, including the fantastical Gera Gera Resort
- An expanded version of the Yo-kai Watch Blasters local co-op mode, with powerful new bosses to defeat
Yo-Kai Watch is a game where your character acquires a watch that allows them to see ghostly apparitions called Yo-Kai that are haunting the locals and causing mischief. Like in Pokémon, your goal is to befriend these Yo-Kai and use them in battle against other Yo-Kai. Because virtual dog fights are cool. You can acquire these monsters through exploration and questing. Some Yo-Kai can even evolve into stronger monsters.
The series always tops sales charts in Japan each time a new version comes out. It hasn’t done quite as well in the west, but that isn’t too much of a surprise. Here, Yo-Kai Watch is seen mostly as a new Pokémon, and of course the kids these days are too caught up in Pokémon Go to care much. We’ll be honest, on the surface, Yo-Kai Watch is almost the exact same thing as Pokémon. So we get where they’re coming from.
Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters will be available exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls are currently available on 3DS.
- An Update Is Coming To Pathfinder Adventures Next Week - July 22, 2017
- Magic Telephones And Fear The Walking Dead At SDCC - July 22, 2017
- The Impeccable Cosplay Highlights From The Second Day Of SDCC - July 22, 2017
- Be Careful What You Write In The Death Note - July 22, 2017
- Get Ready For Retro Arcade Action With Twitch’s ‘Starcade’ Marathon - July 21, 2017