Taking down comic book piracy websites can be tricky. And while torrents receive considerable assault from IP owners, websites where people post entire comic books have become more far more prevelant — and popular. Identifying owners can be tricky, as new domain names can be launched and the whole site can just be moved over. Being located in different countries can bring about issues regarding legislation across borders, as well.
But that shouldn’t be the case with That Comic Page on Facebook, where mainstream comic books are posted in their entirety.
It would probably just need a word from Warners or Disney to Mark Zuckerberg’s people to bring the whole thing crashing to the ground. And maybe prevent the people behind it from starting a This Comic Page instead.
But it’s the Sunday before San Diego Comic-Con. Are people napping? Working on booth design? Registering the trademarks for their upcoming projects? The countdown starts now.
- A Comic Show – Out Of The Other Side Of A Hurricane - September 19, 2017
- Dark Horse Comics For December 2017 Solicits - September 19, 2017
- Damon Lindelof’s Watchmen Adaptation For HBO Starts Pre-Production - September 19, 2017
- Berke Breathed’s New Complete ‘Bloom County’ Set Costs $1200 – Here’s Why - September 19, 2017
- IDW December 2017 Solicits Put A Love And Rocket Up Your Assassinistas - September 19, 2017