D23 started off the “Level Up!” games panel with some background information on the world of Star Wars: Battlefront II‘s campaign mode with Iden Versio. She was described as both a hard-core Imperial solider, and also a beneficiary of nepotism. It was her father helped get her into her position in the Empire where she ends up leading the Inferno Squad. Actress Janina Gavankar was part of the filmed announcement and was also in person on stage, which made for an interesting viewing experience. The focus of the announcement was all about the importance of family in Star Wars as part of the campaign will feature a younger Iden and her interactions with her father. We get to learn how to be an Imperial commander with Iden as we progress through the campaign. Which should be pretty interesting.
And then John Boyega crashed the panel. The Star Wars actor took the stage to crow about how Finn will be a playable character, and how excited he is for fans to play the game, which he has played.
All the attendees of the Level Up! panel will receive a special Iden Versio poster, which prominently features her awesome helmet.
You can watch the Behind the Story video shown at the panel below.
Everything we know about Battlefront II so far:
- It will be out November 17th
- There will be a single player campaign mode
- That single player campaign will have you play as Iden Versio, who was indeed based on actress Janina Gavankar, a special forces Imperial soldier who vows revenge on the Rebel Alliance after seeing Death Star II get blown up from the surface of Endor.
- You will also play as Luke, as Kylo Ren, and other series mainstays. –So no, Luke isn’t “getting shafted” for a woman.
- The focus of that campaign is the complete eradication of the Rebellion forces. Oh yes, we get to go dark side and try to get revenge on the Rebels.
- The multiplayer experience will indeed be expanded, though details on how are a bit sketchy right now.
- You’ll start multiplayer as a regular trooper and gain vehicles and heroes depending on your gameplay roles.
- The game will span all eras of current Star Wars cannon including the prequels, the clone wars, the original trilogy and the current trilogy – Force Awakens and Last Jedi. No word on Rebels yet.
- Confirmed characters so far are Luke, Darth Maul, Yoda, Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren.
- There will be classes in the game, though which ones and how the function are unkown.
- Of those troopers you start as – those include the resistance fighters, Imperial officers, First Order stormtroopers, and battle droids.
- EA DICE confirmed to IGN that there will not be a Season Pass, so yes, they’ve heard your complaints on that.
- It will also feature offline local co-op. So yes, we will get split-screen multiplayer.
- The game’s single player campaign was written by Walt Williams and Mitch Dyer.
- The campaign story will begin in a novel by Christie Golden called Star Wars: Battlefront II: Inferno Squad and it will release on July 25.
- Arrow actor Paul Blacktorne is voicing Inferno Squad member Gideon Hask.
- Set Of Star Wars: The Last Jedi Posters Revealed, Including Carrie Fisher's General Leia
- World Of Tanks Has Created A New Genre Of Metal - August 16, 2017
- Digital Sales Of ‘The Town Of Light’ Are Being Donated To Mental Health Awareness - August 16, 2017
- F1 2017 Boasts An Expanded Career Mode And A Championship Feature - August 16, 2017
- Prey Now Comes In A Trial Version - August 16, 2017
- Decepticon Shockwave Joins Transformers: Forged To Fight - August 10, 2017