Walt Disney World will be turning 50 in a few short years — crazy, I know. The Orlando park has undergone a lot of changes over the years, and Epcot will be getting a big makeover. Imagineers want to keep it true to the original idea, but they want to make it more timeless, more updated, and more Disney.
Tom Fitzgerald, original Epcot Imagineer, came out to talk to the audience about the upcoming Epcot plans. World Showcase will be getting some new additions, including the Ratatouille ride in the France Pavilion! Disney will be expanding France, and the ride will be inspired by the Ratatouille ride in Disneyland Paris. There will be a new film for the China Pavilion, which will now have a seamless circle show.
— Ashley Carter (@AshleyLCarter1) July 15, 2017
The biggest news by far is the announcement of the Guardians of the Galaxy ride coming to Epcot. Pete will be bringing the team to Epcot, a place he visited as a child. This will likely be an E-Ticket (meaning really damn hard to get on) ride, so prepare for long lines.
Mission: Space is getting a much-needed update, and a new restaurant will be joining in. Eat like you’re in space!
Epcot will finally be getting the makeover it deserves, and my excitement level is through the roof.
- Nerd Food: Celebrate #RockTheDots with a Delicious Minnie Cupcake! - January 22, 2018
- ‘It’s a Small World’ Mall in Disneyland to Undergo Upgrades - January 22, 2018
- Disney World is Going All Out for National Polka Dot Day - January 22, 2018
- Disneyland’s #RockTheDots Celebration Can’t Be Missed! - January 22, 2018
- HULK SIP! Smash Through All Obstacles with this Hulk-Inspired Smoothie - January 21, 2018