Walt Disney World will be turning 50 in a few short years — crazy, I know. The Orlando park has undergone a lot of changes over the years, and Epcot will be getting a big makeover. Imagineers want to keep it true to the original idea, but they want to make it more timeless, more updated, and more Disney.
Tom Fitzgerald, original Epcot Imagineer, came out to talk to the audience about the upcoming Epcot plans. World Showcase will be getting some new additions, including the Ratatouille ride in the France Pavilion! Disney will be expanding France, and the ride will be inspired by the Ratatouille ride in Disneyland Paris. There will be a new film for the China Pavilion, which will now have a seamless circle show.
— Ashley Carter (@AshleyLCarter1) July 15, 2017
The biggest news by far is the announcement of the Guardians of the Galaxy ride coming to Epcot. Pete will be bringing the team to Epcot, a place he visited as a child. This will likely be an E-Ticket (meaning really damn hard to get on) ride, so prepare for long lines.
Mission: Space is getting a much-needed update, and a new restaurant will be joining in. Eat like you’re in space!
Epcot will finally be getting the makeover it deserves, and my excitement level is through the roof.
- Doctor Strange Stage Show Details Revealed For Marvel’s Day At Sea - September 20, 2017
- Star-Lord Will Be Joining Disney’s Marvel Day At Sea! - September 20, 2017
- Disney’s Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket Is The Hot New “It” Item - September 20, 2017
- New Halloween Treats At Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Are Spooktacular! - September 20, 2017
- Should Riverdale Add More Archie Characters? The Cast Discuss Their Top Picks - September 19, 2017