Announced at the D23 Expo was a brand new transportation option for the Walt Disney World Resort,yes, you guessed it. We can all ride in an Uber-like service with Minnie Vans. No, they are not all vans, but they are all painted to evoke your fondest memories of Disney’s best mouse.
“Since we’re all about exceeding guest expectations and making every aspect of your vacation uniquely Disney, we’re creating a new point-to-point transportation service in a way that only Disney can do,” Disney Parks Chairman Bob Chapek said during the Parks panel where he made the announcement.
The Minnie vehicles will take you everywhere you want to go at the Walt Disney World Resort, and you’ll ride in Minnie’s classic style with red and white polka dots. And a really adorable Minnie logo on the driver-side door. Being a point-to-point service, these vans make getting around the parks a little bit easier without having your own rental car. Up until the service debuts, the main modes of transportation for inter-park service mostly focus around getting you from the hotels to the parks. Which is great, until you have dinner reservations at a hotel on the other side of the Lake Buena Vista compound that is Walt Disney World. As much as I enjoy taking a Disney bus to a monorail to a park to take a boat just to get to dinner, it gets a little bit ridiculous after a while. Unless you make it a navigation challenge quest, but then you’ve gone the crazy route on getting to dinner and its best you just go lie down and sleep of the insanity.
We’ll share more details about the service as we get them, but the main thing to remember is that this service is not being brought to you by the Honda Odyssey Minnie Van, which is also at D23, but is pink and white. And an actual minivan.
- Crowd Control: D23 And The Normalization of Hours-Long Lines
- Tokyo RPG Factory’s Lost Sphear Has An Official Launch Date - July 25, 2017
- CD Projekt Red Are Hosting A Gwent Tournament At Gamescom - July 25, 2017
- Bluehole Studios And The ESL Are Hosting A PlayerUnkown’s Battlegrounds Tourney At Gamescom - July 25, 2017
- Dead By Daylight’s Next Killer, The Huntress, Hits PC On Thursday - July 25, 2017
- Destiny 2’s Social Space Will Open Today For One Hour Only - July 23, 2017