Disney’s Fantasmic show has been one of my fondest Disney memories for years, because it has literally everything you could ever want. Music, pyrotechnics, a solid good vs evil storyline, Mickey in his Sorcerer’s Apprentice garb, and Maleficent. I love me a sorceress who can turn into a dragon, alright, because that is just the most intimidating villain intro you could have.
And the Fantasmic show is returning to Disneyland this summer, with the official premiere on Monday, July 17th.
But attendees of D23 got to see Fantasmic return before the rest of us.
Fantasmic is back in Disneyland along with a few other classic Disneyland events to celebrate the Park’s 62nd year. the other returning events are Rivers of America and the Disneyland Railroad. What has changed with Fantasmic, you ask? Well, the Disney Parks Blog has an answer for you:
For 25 years, “Fantasmic!” has taken Disneyland park guests on a journey into Mickey Mouse’s imagination, and its return on July 17 – in celebration of the park’s 62nd anniversary – will bring new magic to this beloved nighttime spectacular! The treasured Disneyland park experience guests have loved for years, complete with its original fanfare and theme song, will be taken to brilliant new heights. New mist screens will combine with innovative, state-of-the-art projection technology for brighter and more vibrant visuals than ever before, and the show will feature new scenes inspired by Disney animated classics such as “Aladdin” and “The Lion King.”
So while the D23 attendees get to see Fantasmic again before the rest of us, we only have a few days to wait. But until then, they will continue to gloat.
— Kelly (@Kelly_M_516) July 16, 2017
- Bungie Admits to Throttling Destiny 2 Faction Rally Tokens - January 18, 2018
- Red Faction: Guerrilla Could Be Releasing on Xbox One and PS4 - January 18, 2018
- Snapchat Parent Company Lays off 22 Workers as Part of Reorganization Plan - January 18, 2018
- Go Behind the Scenes of Underworld Ascendant in Latest Trailer - January 17, 2018
- Wizards of the Coast Have Plumbed the Depths of MTG Arena’s Economy - January 17, 2018