A lot was said about Carol Danvers’ reinvention as a fascist for Marvel’s Civil War 2 super-mega-crossover event. Ah, what a naive time we were living in, way back in 2016.
As Marvel wraps up the Secret Empire super-mega-crossover event, in which Captain America is revealed to be a lifelong agent of Hydra and takes part in a fascist takeover of the United States, let’s just say the center has moved far to the right since Civil War 2, putting Captain Marvel in the strange position of being the voice of reason for the Marvel Universe when it comes to whether or not fascism is a good thing and Nazis should be punched.
In an EXCLUSIVE interview on Entertainment Weekly about Captain Marvel post-Legacy, writer Margaret Stohl talked about the need for Carol to step up in a leadership role after Secret Empire:
As I’ve said in the past, with the events of Secret Empire, we’ve really been reminded that there’s more than one Cap in the Marvel Universe. As Captain America stumbles, Captain Marvel steps up. Watching Steve lose his way has only made Carol more certain of hers — which is good, because almost everything else she’s thought she knew about her life is about to be called into question. Buckle up, folks. Things are about to get pretty wild in the Carol-verse.
Check out the solicit for Captain Marvel #125, hitting stores in October as part of Marvel Legacy:
CAPTAIN MARVEL #125
MARGARET STOHL (W) • MICHELE BANDINI (A)
COVER by PHIL NOTO
DARK ORIGIN Part 1
As Captain Marvel, CAROL DANVERS has traveled to almost every inch of the planet – and beyond! Now she’s heading to somewhere uncharted, where there’s no familiar face to be seen except for…her own! Join Carol on her new cosmic journey through the past and future as Captain Marvel takes flight in an adventure you won’t want to miss. The earth-shattering secrets of her Dark Origin are finally revealed, and the Marvel Universe will be forever changed. PLUS: Includes 3 bonus MARVEL PRIMER PAGES! Story by Robbie Thompson and a TBA artist!
- Hasta La Vista, Sequels: New Terminator Will Ignore All Other Terminators But The First Two, Says Schwarzenegger - September 22, 2017
- Rian Johnson Manages To Complete A Star Wars Movie Without Getting Fired - September 22, 2017
- Doom Patrol Shocker: Next Three Issues Delayed, Again - September 22, 2017
- The Punisher To Premiere On Netflix Friday, October 13th, Claims Total Film Leak - September 22, 2017
- First Look At Rob Liefeld’s Walking Dead Tribute Variants For Youngblood #6 - September 22, 2017