Marvel has revealed the details for Amazing Spider-Man in Marvel Legacy, changing the industry forever with the same creative team as before.
Delaying the inevitable confirmation of Bleeding Cool’s rumor that Nick Spencer will take over writing duties on Amazing Spider-Man for Marvel Legacy, it looks like Dan Slott is sticking around at least a little while longer. The writer will continue to team with artist Stuart Immonen to kick off the Fall of Parker storyline (which you heard about here first — pip pip) this Fall, with a cover by Alex Ross featured above. Entertainment Weekly has the scoop in an article featuring the understatement of the century:
Recent years have seen much experimentation with status quo — Peter Parker became a tech billionaire, Steve Rogers became a Hydra agent, and so on.
And so on.
In a statement that probably represented the longest time in seconds that Slott has gone without tweeting, he described the new status quo for Peter Parker (careful – spoilers):
This is a Peter Parker who’s had it all, lost it all, and now has to find his place in the world again. It’s a return to the scrappy underdog status that’s the Peter Parker we all know and love. We’re going to see a return to form, with old friends coming back onto the stage, some in all-new ways. It’s all been leading to this — from Big Time, to Superior, through Spider-Verse, and the Parker Industries era. It’s been a crazy ride, but now that we’re here, we’re going to get a Peter/Spider-Man that’s closer to a core Spidey than we’ve had in years. Everything counts. Payoffs for longtime readers are coming, but the Marvel Legacy of it all will also make this a great jump on point for new readers — or people who’ve just discovered Spider-Man in Homecoming.
Amazing Spider-Man #789 hits stores in October.
- Iron Fist Legacy Numbering Continues Marvel Legacy Of Wrong Numbering
- Deadpool Gets Cable & Deadpool, Cable Gets Squat For Marvel Legacy Numbering
- In Marvel Legacy, Iron Fist Teams Up With... Sabretooth?! From Ed Brisson And Mike Perkins
- Now Marvel Legacy Announces 1960 T-Shirt Variant Covers. We Try To Work Out What That Means.
- Bendis And Gaydos Bring The Purple Man Back For Marvel Legacy Jessica Jones
- Everything Wrong With Thor's Marvel Legacy Numbering
- U.S. Avengers By Ewing And Diaz Could Be The Perfect Antidote For Secret Empire in Marvel Legacy
- Cable Gathers Newer New Mutants For Marvel Legacy With Ed Brisson And Jon Malin
- Axel Alonso Vs Marvel Comics On Naming The Hulk And Lenticular Variants
- Defiant Zack Snyder Serializing Snyder Cut of Justice League as a Vero Webcomic - October 23, 2018
- Adventure Time Season 11 #1 Sells Out… Did Cartoon Network Make a Mistake? - October 23, 2018
- Explore the New World with David Jesus Vignolli’s New Historical Fantasy OGN at Archaia - October 23, 2018
- More Un-Uncanny X-Men Variants from Alex Ross, Art Adams, Steve Epting, Salvador Larroca, and Terry Dodson - October 23, 2018
- Batman Damned #2 Variant Shows Lengths Jim Lee Will Go to Prevent 2nd Appearance of #Batpenis - October 23, 2018