We got Jigsaw news coming at us with an Entertainment Weekly interview with directors Michael and Peter Spierig.
The horror sequel, which is coming out October 27th and will be the eighth film in the high-grossing franchise is promised to be “such a perfect Halloween scarefest. It’s perhaps not quite as vicious and more fun, which is something we tried to inject into it. But it’s still full of good fun gore” according to director Michael Spierig. He also promises a return of “pretty wild traps in the film — we don’t shy away from the gore.”
Notably, none of the actors who played his apprentices in previous entries to the franchise have been listed among the cast, implying that either the original or a new admirer will be responsible for the ironic deathtraps in the film.
Along with these hyping words for Jigsaw, they also released a couple of images for the upcoming film: the above mask as well as this particularly intriguing scene of a woman drowning in either sand, corn, or wheat.
While the films have remained box office successes, critical reception has been on a downwards spiral since the early days of the franchise. The Spierigs have a lot of proving to do if they are going to reinvigorate excitement for the franchise. They seem to know this and are taking on the film with excitement and a focus on old-horror pulpiness.
Jigsaw will be out this Halloween. It will be starring Josiah Black, James Gomez, Shaquan Lewis, Laura Vandervoort, Mandela Van Peebles, Brittany Allen, Callum Keith Rennie, Hannah Anderson, Matt Passmore, Hannah Emily Anderson, and Michael Bolsvert.
The script will be by the now-beloved James Wan as well as Pete Goldfinger, Leigh Whannel, and Josh Stolberg. The producers are Mark Burg, Oren Koules, and Greg Hoffman.
- Stranger Things Season 2 To Sponsor Halloween ComicFest 2017
- The Shining, Psycho, Beetlejuice, And More New Horror From Funko
- Mystery Horror Point-And-Click Stonewall Penitentiary Will Launch This Winter
- Look! It Moves! At The NYAFF: Charming Horror-Comedy 'Vampire Cleanup Department'
- Marvel Legacy – Iron Fist #73 Review: Fists, Claws, And Tentacles - September 19, 2017
- Marvel Legacy – Venom #155 Review: Bagley And Brains - September 19, 2017
- HBO Europe Greenlights Its First Scandinavian Original Series - September 19, 2017
- Marvel Legacy ‘Jessica Jones’ #13 Review: Purple 2- Electric Purple Dude - September 18, 2017
- Marvel Legacy ‘Spirits of Vengeance’ #1 Review- Fire And Brimstone - September 18, 2017