Thunder Lotus Games has announced that they are offering their action-adventure game Jotun for free this weekend on both Steam and GOG. The free weekend is to celebrate the launch date reveal of their new game, Sundered, but mostly just provides us with the opportunity to play Jotun for free. So if you have no plans this weekend, and want to sit down with a unique indie game, you are in luck.
Jotun follows a deceased Viking woman named Thora, who must defeat the gods in combat in order to prove herself worthy of entering Valhalla. She’s pretty aptly named for that kind of heroic combat, huh? The game features a hand-drawn art style, which certainly makes it a unique game, and means it looks freaking awesome. Players who download Jotun: Valhalla Edition this weekend will be able to keep the game permanently. And before you go thinking that the Valhalla Edition is something you need to pay for, it is the only version of the game available on Steam and GOG. So you get the game completely free, to keep, as long as you hit that “play game” button on either Steam or GOG before Monday hits.
Sundered offers more of that gorgeous hand-drawn art as you explore the depths of a horrific, cavernous world that wants to leave you starving and insane. Sundered comes to Steam on July 28th, 2017. You can watch Sundered‘s early launch trailer below.
- Review: There’s a Good Game in Blade & Soul… Somewhere - January 20, 2018
- Seven: The Days Long Gone: Fantastic, if a Bit Too Unconventional - January 20, 2018
- Warframe Review: Better Than Ever, but Still a Major Grind - January 20, 2018
- Endless Day Starts Strong this Year with Endless Space 2’s Vaulters Expansion - January 20, 2018
- Let it Die to Reveal New Information in Twitch Stream on Monday - January 20, 2018