JJ Abrams has now weighed in on the whole Star Wars The Force Awakens Monopoly game fiasco. Remember: all they had to do was not take Eighteen months to put out their “insufficient interest” statement and just put the game out for everyone to buy, like they said they would. Then, this sort of thing wouldn’t happen:
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) July 14, 2017
Here is their statement from 2015 when Rey could not be found not only in the game, but was nowhere to be found on shelves in most areas when Force Awakens actually was in theaters:
“We love the passion fans have for Rey, and are happy to announce that we will be making a running change to include her in the Monopoly: Star Wars game available later this year,” Duffy told the AP in an emailed statement at the time. She added that fans who had already purchased the game “can obtain the Rey token by contacting Hasbro Consumer Care when the updated game becomes available later this year.”
Eighteen months later, without making the game available on store shelves in the US with the piece inside, this is what they had to say:
“In early 2016, Hasbro updated the 2015 Star Wars: Monopoly game to add a Rey token. This product was sold to retailers in several markets around the world, but is not available for sale in the U.S. due to insufficient interest”
As I said the other day: interest in Rey is at an all-time high, so the only way this statement makes sense or I would agree is if they mean nobody wants to ACTUALLY buy the game itself. But if that was the case, people would not be mad about this all right now would they? So, again, all they had to do was actually make the running change available. Then this all could have been avoided and people like JJ would not chime in.
- Holding The Biggest MTG Card & Crying Holding Luke Skywalker At The Hasbro Fan Breakfast
- Set Of Star Wars: The Last Jedi Posters Revealed, Including Carrie Fisher's General Leia
- A Collection Of D23 Photos Before The Show Opens
- D23: Star Wars Land Is Revealed And It Is Glorious And Huge
- Rey Is Apparently Still Not In Monopoly, So Again...#WheresRey?
- Ron Howard Teases Costumes From The 'Untitled Han Solo Star Wars Anthology Film'
- A D23 Banner Gives Us A New Look At Promo Art For 'Ant-Man And The Wasp'
- The Lion King Remake Casts John Oliver
- Star Wars: Battlefront II May Have Spoiled Something New About Rey In Episode VIII
- Toys R Us SDCC Exclusives: Star Wars, Transformers, A-Force Marvel Legends, And Issac Yankem DDS!
- WipEout Omega Collection Shown Off at PSX for PS VR, Coming Next Year - December 8, 2017
- Tom Hanks Cult Film The ‘Burbs Gets an Ultimate Edition From Scream Factory - December 8, 2017
- Batman Gets His Justice League Hot Toys Release - December 8, 2017
- Funko Roundup: Saga, Star Wars, Monster Hunter, Bendy, and More! - December 8, 2017
- Alfred Hitchcock and Nosferatu Join The ReAction Line - December 7, 2017