Just before he walked out on stage at D23, John Lasseter apparently gave away details on the next The Incredibles film to IGN. The sequel of all sequels people have been asking Pixar to do since the first film came out, and finally, we have solid confirmation and details that it is indeed coming and we have bits of the story as well.
For starters, the film will take place immediately after the first film ends, so no long stretch of time like between Toy Story films. In fact, it will start right where the first film ends with the family dressed up and posing. The film will focus more on the family than just about being superheroes and explore the dynamic of being both at the same time, so like a lot of Pixar films, expect a lot of crying as they’ll touch family subject matter that may hit close to home.
The Incredibles 2 will be released June 18, 2018. But if you’ve already been waiting 14 years for this film to come out, you can wait for one more.
Updated: At the D23 panel, all of the original cast members were re-united, and it feels so good.
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr Pushed to June - April 19, 2018
- Microsoft Apparently Hiring for Next Xbox Console Design - April 19, 2018
- Is SNK Teasing a Mini Neo Geo Console for Their 40th Anniversary? - April 19, 2018
- TinyBuild Games Shows Off the Graveyard Keeper Reveal Trailer - April 19, 2018
- Michelle Rodriguez and Kristine Leahy Will Guest Star on H1Z1 Pro League - April 19, 2018