British graphic novel publisher SelfMadeHero are publishing a comic-book anthology about the British Leader Of The Opposition Jeremy Corbyn, MP which will be launched at the Labour Party’s Annual Conference in September 2017. Oh, Jeremy Corbyn!
As part of the project, SelfMadeHero is opening up submissions to comic book creators for a period of just four weeks. SelfMadeHero’s summer challenge is to make a comic on the subject of Jeremy Corbyn and submit it to them by Wednesday 9th August 2017. Positive, negative, realistic, surreal, the choice is yours.
Successful entrants will have their comic published alongside work by Guardian cartoonists Steve Bell, Martin Rowson and Stephen Collins, and comics artists Karrie Fransman and Steven Appleby, among others. They will also receive a share of royalties.
And yes, as the cartoonist for Guido Fawkes, I am totally going to have a go.
Published in SelfMadeHero’s 10th anniversary year, the Corbyn project marks something of a departure for the graphic novel imprint.
Managing Director Emma Hayley says, “The Corbyn Comic Book is a bit of fun for ‘silly season’. But it’s also a great way to engage the grassroots comics community, which has been so important to SelfMadeHero’s story over the last ten years, and to pay tribute, in comic-book form, to a politician whose startling rise to prominence has been the defining story of 2017.”
Entrants should follow these submissions guidelines:
- The comic can be a minimum of one panel and a maximum of three pages long
- It can be created in black-and-white or in colour
- Page dimensions are 170mm x 240mm
- Submissions are welcomed from published and unpublished creators of all nationalities
- Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org(using the subject heading “The Corbyn Comic Book”) no later than 9th August 2017.
Where’s my pen? Got to get those ears right. Here’s a recent example of the man from me…
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018