Marvel / Disney has announced that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 will be headed for home release this August along with the bonus material included. The James Gunn directed sequel will be released digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on August 8th and then physically on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on August 22nd. This will be the first Marvel Studios film released in the 4K Ultrad HD format.
There is more than 80-minutes of bonus materials which includes behind the scenes with the movie’s cast and filmmakers, the debut of an all-new original music video starring David Hasselhoff and special guests, outtakes, deleted scenes, audio commentary by director James Gunn, and more.
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
• The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
• Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
• Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
• Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
• Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
• Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.
All the features listed above plus four extra exclusives:
• Three Scene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film. Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history. Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
• Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive) – Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most anticipated ride at Disneyland, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.
• Does not include any bonus materials.
SPECIFICATIONS (applies to film content only):
Product Offerings: Digital = 4K UHD with HDR (HDR-10 or Dolby Vision), HD, SD
Physical = Cinematic Universe 4K UHD Combo Pack (4K UHD with HDR, Blu-ray, Digital Copy),
Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy), DVD and Exclusive Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack
On Demand – August 22nd – check with your local provider
Feature Run Time: Approximately 136 minutes
Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1
Audio: 4K UHD Blu-ray = English Dolby Atmos, English/Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus,
English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital
4K UHD Digital = English Dolby Atmos (platform dependent), English 5.1, English 2.0
Blu-ray = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio,
French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD = English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks,
English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
Subtitles: Physical: English SDH, French & Spanish
Closed Captions: Digital & DVD = English