Everyone’s favorite yellow camaro Transformer Bumblebee is getting his own movie. This is old news for the most part, but after the release of the 5th film in the Michael Bay Transformers franchise, the project gaining some momentum.
Despite not hitting the box office numbers of the previous Transformers films, Transformers: The Last Knight did hit slightly higher critical satisfaction than the previous films. One of the highlights being (as it usually is) the loyal yellow and black camaro everybody loves, Bumblebee. His speaking-in-radio-tongues dialog apparently enough to convince studio heads what the fans REALLY want is a B solo movie.
Today it was announced that Jorge Lendeborg Jr. (Brigsby Bear, Spider-Man: Homecoming) will star in the upcoming not yet titled Bumblebee spinoff film. While we don’t know anything about the character he may be playing yet, we do know that Lendeborg Jr. just finished work on James Cameron‘s upcoming Battle Angel Alita film. Chances are he’ll be a human, and not another Transformer.
Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit, Edge Of 17) has already been announced as being a part of the cast. She will play an after-school mechanic, and so far that’s all we know about her character.
The film will take place in the 1980s, and be a prequel to the existing 5 live action Transformers movies. Director Travis Knight (Kubo And The Two Strings) is in the director’s chair for the film, and Stephen Spielberg will be producing.
Something interesting about this Bumblebee film announced this morning is that it’ll be shooting in California, something that hasn’t been happening nearly as often for big Hollywood blockbusters. This is happening largely because of the help of a $22-million tax credit being awarded to the production by the State of California. The LA Times went on to say the film is reportedly going to shoot entirely in the golden state, and this credit surpasses the most recent awarded amount of $18-million that went to Ava Duvernay‘s A Wrinkle In Time.
It’s probably too early to think about a release date for the film, but early reports say sometime in 2018.
- Megatron Takes Over The Hasbro Transformers Panel, Shows Us New Figures
- Toys R Us SDCC Exclusives: Star Wars, Transformers, A-Force Marvel Legends, And Issac Yankem DDS!
- Man At Arms Makes Optimus Prime's Sword
- Ticket Booth: Transformers, And Unfortunately Nothing Else
- Mark Wahlberg Doesn't Think Michael Bay Is Done With 'Transformers'
- The Bumblebee Spin-Off Will Be A More "Intimate" Transformers Movie
- 'Transformers 6' Set For Summer 2019, Bumblebee To Start Filming In August
- “Battlestar Galactica” Marathon Begins Tomorrow On SyFy - September 21, 2017
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Premiere: One Trek Fan’s Experience - September 21, 2017
- Riverdale’s K.J. Apa Involved In Late-Night Car Crash - September 21, 2017
- FOR REAL THIS TIME, The New “Tomb Raider” Trailer Hits - September 20, 2017
- Tomb Raider Trailer Gets Released Prematurely By Cast Member - September 19, 2017