Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan took to the Battle.net forums yesterday to address the ever constant complaint about nerfing characters. What fans got was a very candid opinion from one of the most active directors in gaming today, with some unexpected opinions people may or may not enjoy. In short, he believes that at this moment, Overwatch is the most balanced it has ever been, in that there’s no one single character who is OP. Here’s a quote from the post, which you can read in full at the link above.
The most controversial thing I’ll say here (hopefully) is that I believe the game is currently balanced. What I mean is that I don’t feel like there are any heroes who are way too strong to the point of breaking balance. That doesn’t mean that I personally don’t think there are some problems with heroes. While I believe moving Roadhog away from a 1 shot combo was a necessary thing we had to do, I’m not entirely satisfied with where he’s at right now. I also think we need to do some brainstorming when it comes to Mercy’s resurrect, for example. The ability is extremely powerful in a very unfun way for both Mercy and everyone playing against that Mercy. But it’s not doomsday. These aren’t game breaking issues. They are better fixed slowly and carefully as the overall game is not ruined by them. I’m just using these as examples.
Whether you agree with Kaplan or not is totally up to you. But I will say this as a person who plays Overwatch on both PS4 and now recently on PC: I don’t really have a complaint with any of the characters. My problems stem more from either my teammate’s performance in a match, or my own performance not being great, but that’s me personally. One of the best quotes I’ve ever heard is that any weapon is a perfect weapon if handled correctly, so a weapon’s only true flaw is the handler. I believe that holds true in Overwatch.
What do you think about Kaplan’s opinion?
- Your Battle.net & Bungie Accounts Can Now Be Linked
- There's Now An 'Overwatch' Themed Church Dedicated To Hanzo In Brazil
- Watch This 'Overwatch' Player Fight As Doomfist With A Punching Glove
- Doomfist Has Landed On The Overwatch Test Realms
- At Long Last, Doomfist Is Finally Teased On The 'Overwatch' Website
- Evil Geniuses Disbands Their Overwatch Team Due To Lack Of "Synergy"
- Mercy's Ultimate Is Getting A Nerf In 'Overwatch' PTR
- Logos For 'Overwatch' Season VI & Summer Games Revealed On Reddit
- Splatoon 2’s Next Splatfest Fight: Flight Vs. Invisibility - August 17, 2017
- Twitch Adds In New Integration Tools For Hearthstone & Overwatch - August 17, 2017
- Capcom Releases A New Story Trailer For ‘Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite’ - August 17, 2017
- Imaginarium Studios Debuts ‘Planet Of The Apes: Last Frontier’ - August 17, 2017
- Check Out This Footage Of ‘Mario Kart Arcade GP’ In A VR Arcade - August 17, 2017