Marvel does seven to nine of these every month. But a DC Comics exclusive retailer variant is a hard thing to come by these days. Well, DC Comics will be doing them for the Harley Quinn 25th Anniversary Special #1 out in September.
Featuring stories written by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Paul Dini and Chip Zdarsky with art by Conner, Chad Hardin, Joe Quinones and others, this special asks the big questions, like: How does Harley manage her insanely jam-packed life on Coney Island? What haven’t we seen from her past with the Joker? And can even Harley’s psychological acumen crack the twisted mind of…Robin, the Boy Wonder?
This standard issue features a cover by Amanda Conner, plus open to order variant covers by Jim Lee and Bruce Timm. And now retailers who commit to ordering a few thousand copies can get an exclusive cover all to themselves.
Harley Quinn 25th Anniversary Special is a 48-page comic with a cover price of $4.99 US. It is on Final Order Cutoff on August 14, with an on-sale date of September 6. Though if as a retailer, you want an exclusive cover, you should get in touch with DC Comics via Vince Letterio, DC‘s Executive Director – Comic Book Specialty Sales, before July 19th.
Here’s the Jim Lee cover…
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018
- Full Catalog For BOOM! Studios January 2019 Solicitations – Brings Buffy to the Yard With the Avant-Guards - October 16, 2018