Marvel does seven to nine of these every month. But a DC Comics exclusive retailer variant is a hard thing to come by these days. Well, DC Comics will be doing them for the Harley Quinn 25th Anniversary Special #1 out in September.
Featuring stories written by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Paul Dini and Chip Zdarsky with art by Conner, Chad Hardin, Joe Quinones and others, this special asks the big questions, like: How does Harley manage her insanely jam-packed life on Coney Island? What haven’t we seen from her past with the Joker? And can even Harley’s psychological acumen crack the twisted mind of…Robin, the Boy Wonder?
This standard issue features a cover by Amanda Conner, plus open to order variant covers by Jim Lee and Bruce Timm. And now retailers who commit to ordering a few thousand copies can get an exclusive cover all to themselves.
Harley Quinn 25th Anniversary Special is a 48-page comic with a cover price of $4.99 US. It is on Final Order Cutoff on August 14, with an on-sale date of September 6. Though if as a retailer, you want an exclusive cover, you should get in touch with DC Comics via Vince Letterio, DC‘s Executive Director – Comic Book Specialty Sales, before July 19th.
Here’s the Jim Lee cover…
- Joe Illidge, No Longer Executive Editor at Valiant Entertainment - December 10, 2018
- What Avengers: Endgame May Owe to Roy Thomas and Avengers #71 - December 10, 2018
- Canada’s The Comicshop to Close - December 10, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Published His Own Captain Marvel Covers - December 10, 2018
- Top 500 Comics and Graphic Novels Ordered in November 2018 - December 10, 2018