Boom! Studios again are enjoying their run up to San Diego Comic Con this year by making a bunch of their announcements in the days leading up to the massive industry event. And today has seen the second of their announcements.
Today BOOM! Studios have announced Tyson Hesse‘s Diesel: Gear Shift Special, a follow up to the creator’s character Dee Diesel’s first set of adventures in Diesel: Ignition.
The press release talks about the project like this:
BOOM! Studios is excited to announce the return of Dee Diesel in TYSON HESSE’S DIESEL: GEAR SHIFT SPECIAL, an all-new follow-up to the BOOM! Box imprint’s most successful original graphic novel. The one-shot will debut in comic shops in October.
“I can’t wait to continue telling Dee’s story as she faces a new world of danger and takes on real responsibilities for the first time,” says Hesse. “Gear Shift takes Dee and her crew in a totally new direction that I think fans of the first story will really enjoy!”
Dee’s journey first began on Tyson Hesse’s (Boxer Hockey) personal blog, when Dee and her fellow Peacetowne inhabitants were featured as original character designs. Inspired by “adventure manga like One Piece and stories about burgeoning friendships like How to Train Your Dragon,” Hesse created Dee, a young girl with an airship trying to live up to the legacy of her father, a world-famous pilot. Since then, Dee and her friends have gained a huge cult following and were first published in print via BOOM! Studios as a limited series in 2015 and an original graphic novel in 2016, Tyler Hesse’s Diesel: Ignition, which drew wide acclaim.
“Diesel: Gear Shift picks up right where Diesel: Ignition left off,” explains Hesse. “It’s a chance for fans of the first graphic novel to jump right in to the next story arc right away. Dee and Bull Diesel have reconnected with their lost crew and are on their way back home to regroup and prepare for the long journey ahead. But when they get back to Peacetowne, they uncover new clues that set them off in search of other Diesel brothers that could have answers to all their questions.”
“Diesel feels both completely fresh and totally timeless,” says BOOM! Studios Editor Shannon Watters. “Dee’s story is one that Tyson has held close to his heart for years, and it shows in the care and joy bursting from every page.”
Tyson Hesse’s Diesel: Gear Shift Special is released in October, released as part of BOOM! Studios Boom! Box imprint.
- Boom! Studios To Buy 1000 Drinks For Their Readers At San Diego Comic-Con 2017
- Hey BOOM! Studios? Gail Simone Wants To Write Power Rangers...
- BOOM! Studios To Spoil Own San Diego Comic-Con Announcements Over Next Ten Days
- All Of Boom Studios Exclusives For San Diego Comic-Con 2017, Starting With An Adventure Time/Regular Show Crossover #SDCC17
- Batman #33 Review: The Bat-Family Look Like Just That…A Family! Wonderful! - October 18, 2017
- Generation X #7 Review: With A Change Of Focus, The Series Is Really Improving - October 18, 2017
- Big Bang Theory Hints At Another Hero In The Upcoming Justice League Film - October 18, 2017
- Champions #16 Cover May Reveal More About The Future Of The Team Than Intended - October 17, 2017
- The Samurai Slasher Returns For One Final Outing On Kickstarter - October 17, 2017