Things don’t seem to be going so well for Kurt Sutter’s Sons of Anarchy spinoff series Mayans MC (Motorcycle Club) on FX. After reports of pretty strong headway being made on the show, it looks like the kickstand is down.
Variety broke a story earlier today where they claim to have confirmation that the pilot for Mayan is being reshot, with ‘key roles being recast’. This doesn’t sound too great for the series, or for fans of the previously confirmed and announced key cast. This news could mean we won’t be seeing D Pardo, Edward James Olmos, Richard Cabral, John Ortiz, Antonio Jaramillo or Clayton Cardenas in the second pilot.
Early reports say the pilot was going to follow EZ Reyes, a potential member for the Mayans charter on the California-Mexico border. EZ will struggle with his desire for vengeance against the local cartel and his need for the women in his life to respect him. The series is set in the aftermath of Jax Teller’s death at the end of SOA’s seven-season run in 2014, sorry, spoilers.
Originally, Sutter was going to be directing the pilot too, but Norberto Barba has been brought in to direct as well as take over the executive producer role. Sutter co-wrote the first pilot script along with Elgin James, but there’s no telling at this point if we’ll still be getting that script or not.
The pilot was originally coming from Fox 21 TV Studios and FX Productions, theoretically that part won’t change.
We will keep you up to date as any more information about this changeup becomes available.
- Let’s Talk About Westworld Season 2 Premiere, “Journey Into Night” - April 22, 2018
- The Avengers Played ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Family Feud Today - April 22, 2018
- Marvel-Ous Ladies of MCU Talk Team-Up Film Rumors - April 22, 2018
- Kevin Feige Says No Hall H For Marvel At SDCC This Year - April 22, 2018
- Kevin Feige Says “Immediate Potential” For a Nova Marvel Movie - April 22, 2018