Originally Kickstarted back in 2014, the documentary film She Makes Comics from director Marissa Stotter, as the name implies, explores the history of women making comics. Produced by Sequart and Respect films and first released on DVD (now out of print), the film will be released on iTunes and Video On Demand next week by XLrator Media. Bleeding Cool has an EXCLUSIVE clip from the doc, focusing on artist Ramona Fradon:
She Makes Comics will be available on digital platforms on July 11th. You can read Bleeding Cool’s review of the film and interview with Marissa Stotter, and follow She Makes Comics on Facebook for updates.
Summary: She Makes Comics traces the fascinating history of women in the comics industry. Despite popular assumptions about the comics world, women have been writing, drawing, and reading comics since the medium’s beginnings in the late 19th century. And today, there are scores of women involved in comics and its vibrant fan culture.
Featuring dozens of interviews with such vital figures as Ramona Fradon, Trina Robbins, Joyce Farmer, Karen Berger, Kelly Sue DeConnick, and Becky Cloonan, She Makes Comics is the first film to bring together the most influential women of the comics world.
- Former Vertigo Editor Karen Berger Launches Initial Line-Up Of Berger Books At Dark Horse, With Dave Gibbons, Ann Nocenti, David Aja And Anthony Bourdain
- 'There Have Always Been Women In Comics' - The Testament Of She Makes Comics
- Talking Women In Comics With She Makes Comics Director Marisa Stotter
- From The Team Behind The Image Revolution - She Makes Comics Hits Kickstarter
- Power Rangers: Shattered Grid Gets Holofoil Variant by Trevor Hairsine - July 16, 2018
- Bobby Lashley Steals Roman Reigns’s “Big Dog” Nickname After Extreme Rules Win - July 16, 2018
- Black Mask to Publish Mr. Robot Prequel Comic by Creator Sam Esmail - July 16, 2018
- Countdown to Danger: Netflix’s Lost in Space Gets a Comic Book Spinoff by Richard Dinnick, Brian Buccellato, and Zid - July 16, 2018
- Power Rangers: Shattered Grid Collected in 4 Volumes, with 2 Chances to Double Dip - July 16, 2018