It’s been announced today that the Batman & Harley Quinn animated movie will have a prequel comic. According to Screen Rant, the digital first comic will be called Harley Quinn and Batman and tell how the characters get where they are at the beginning of the film. In the movie, Batman pulls Harley out of prison to help track down Poison Ivy while the comic tells what got Harley locked up in the first place. The series starts off in July and will be done by Batman: The Animated Series creative team of Ty Templton and Rick Burchett. Here is the synopsis:
It’s the team-up we’ve been dreaming of as the cute psychopath Harley Quinn joins the brooding Dark Knight for a brand-new Digital First comic series, HARLEY QUINN AND BATMAN. The series, from Batman writer Ty Templeton and artist Rick Burchett, is an exciting new five-chapter prequel adventure to the Batman And Harley Quinn animated film coming out this August from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
Harley Quinn is a legend in her own mind, so when she realizes the Joker thinks of her as a sidekick, she takes her revenge. Harley’s now faced with a hard decision to break out as her own super-villain, and she’s willing to go for it!
This return to the Batman: TAS series features an older version of Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson. The five issue series will be released bi-weekly starting on July 31st while the Batman & Harley Quinn movie will be released August 15th.
- Ash Williams Meets Gene Simmons In New KISS/Army Of Darkness From Dynamite - November 21, 2017
- Dent And Berkenkotter Reunite For Myopia: Rise Of The Domes - November 21, 2017
- Declan Shalvey And PJ Holden Are Doing A James Bond: M One-Shot - November 21, 2017
- Marc Andreyko To Write Legenderry: Red Sonja For Dynamite - November 21, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews Of Clash Of Kings #6, The Shadow #4, And James Bond: Solstice - November 21, 2017