It’s been announced today that the Batman & Harley Quinn animated movie will have a prequel comic. According to Screen Rant, the digital first comic will be called Harley Quinn and Batman and tell how the characters get where they are at the beginning of the film. In the movie, Batman pulls Harley out of prison to help track down Poison Ivy while the comic tells what got Harley locked up in the first place. The series starts off in July and will be done by Batman: The Animated Series creative team of Ty Templton and Rick Burchett. Here is the synopsis:
It’s the team-up we’ve been dreaming of as the cute psychopath Harley Quinn joins the brooding Dark Knight for a brand-new Digital First comic series, HARLEY QUINN AND BATMAN. The series, from Batman writer Ty Templeton and artist Rick Burchett, is an exciting new five-chapter prequel adventure to the Batman And Harley Quinn animated film coming out this August from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
Harley Quinn is a legend in her own mind, so when she realizes the Joker thinks of her as a sidekick, she takes her revenge. Harley’s now faced with a hard decision to break out as her own super-villain, and she’s willing to go for it!
This return to the Batman: TAS series features an older version of Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson. The five issue series will be released bi-weekly starting on July 31st while the Batman & Harley Quinn movie will be released August 15th.
- The Flash’s Jessica Camacho Has Been ‘Taken’ By NBC - July 26, 2017
- Tom Felton Not Returning As Regular For ‘The Flash’ Season 4 - July 26, 2017
- Early NFL Power Rankings – Switching To The NFC East - July 25, 2017
- ‘The Magicians’ Gets Ready For The Voyage Of The Muntjac - July 25, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews – Pathfinder: Runescars And Project Superpowers: Hero Killers - July 25, 2017