Boom! Studios recently received a massive injection of cash from Twentieth Century Fox. And this is what they are doing with it. Spending it on booze and getting their readers right royally pissed.
As part of San Diego Comic-Con’s activities, Boom! Studios is proud to announce they’ve partnered with Twentieth Century Fox Film for the 2017 BOOM! STUDIOS DRINK UP, the longest-running annual party open to fans thrown by a comic book company at Comic-Con International in San Diego. The annual event will once again be held on Thursday, July 20th beginning at 9pm at the Odysea Lounge, located on the second floor of the Hilton Bayfront Hotel.
To celebrate the most successful year in BOOM! Studios history, the company and Twentieth Century Fox Film want to buy the first 1,000 fans their first drink at the BOOM! Studios Drink Up for free! (Fans must present valid ID to show they are of legal drinking age to receive alcoholic beverages.)
Simply pick up a free party invitation/drink ticket from the BOOM! Studios booth (#2229) or the Fox booth (#4229) while supplies last and present it when you arrive at the Odysea Lounge for your free drink!
“The BOOM! Studios Drink Up at Comic-Con is unique because it’s THE party open to fans, creators, and professionals alike. It’s my favorite event of the year because it allows us to both catch up with old friends and make some new ones,” said Filip Sablik, BOOM! Studios President of Publishing & Marketing. “Our deeper relationship with Fox allows us take things to the next level in many ways, in this case to buy YOU a drink to say thank you for supporting the innovative comics published by BOOM! Studios over the years.”
This will be the biggest San Diego Comic-Con for BOOM! Studios yet, with a brand-new redesigned booth featuring more creator signings, more limited-edition convention exclusives, and more dynamic and engaging panel programming.
A few creators have some suggestions as well…
I hope their creators are getting free drinks all weekend, improved page rates, and discussing future royalties. https://t.co/JrhLrqzbfB
— Jim Zub (@JimZub) July 5, 2017
- The Young Animal Panel At Thought Bubble 2017 With Gerard Way – And Friends (VIDEO) - September 24, 2017
- Dancing At The Thought Bubble ComiXology Party 2017 (VIDEO) - September 24, 2017
- Emancipation Day Beats DC Universe Rebirth In Inaugural Mike Wieringo Awards 2017 At Baltimore Comic-Con - September 24, 2017
- Marvel Panel At Baltimore Comic-Con: “Many People Feel As Though Marvel Just Hadn’t Been Feeling Right” - September 23, 2017
- Dark Ark #1 By Cullen Bunn And Joe Doe Sells Out And Goes To Second Printing - September 23, 2017