It’s the 4th of July, which means everyone is too busy swilling Bud Light and grilling weenies to create entertainment news. So thanks, Betty Gilpin, star of Netflix’s GLOW (a great show, by the way). Gilpin took to Twitter to wish a happy 4th to the country’s Republican leadership as her fictional character, Liberty Bell, by flipping them the bird.
In the show, Gilpin plays a soap opera actress who takes a job in a fledgeling women’s wrestling promotion, where she plays an all-american wrestling character espousing the most jingoistic American values. But when it comes to Donald Trump and other Republicans, it seems that even Liberty Bell has her limits.
And here at Bleeding Cool, our US-based reporters are engaged in Independence Day revelry while our British counterparts mourn the major ass-kicking we gave them two and a half centuries ago (it could always happen again, guys). What we’re saying is, on a day like this, we’re grateful for even the most benign actions by anyone remotely noteworthy that we can turn into a clickbait article.
GLOW is streaming on Netflix right now, so if you need to escape the BBQ for a while, go and binge it!
UPDATE: Gilpin deleted the tweet, commenting:
That escalated quickly! I don't like Trump, I love you, but if you don't love me you totallydon't have2follow me. Now back to rosé in a can.
— Betty Gilpin (@bettygilpin) July 4, 2017
Here’s the original photo:
- Greg Pak And Corey Smith Experiment With Weapon H Ongoing From Marvel In March - November 21, 2017
- Marvel To Put Captain America Back In The Ice In February - November 21, 2017
- Over 1/3 Of All Donations To Trump Foundation In 2016 Came From Ike And Laura Perlmutter - November 21, 2017
- Knox County Mayoral Candidate Glenn Jacobs Takes More Time Off Campaign To Assault Braun Strowman - November 21, 2017
- Free Of Alberto El Patron, Paige Makes Big Impact On Return To WWE Raw - November 21, 2017