It’s the 4th of July, which means everyone is too busy swilling Bud Light and grilling weenies to create entertainment news. So thanks, Betty Gilpin, star of Netflix’s GLOW (a great show, by the way). Gilpin took to Twitter to wish a happy 4th to the country’s Republican leadership as her fictional character, Liberty Bell, by flipping them the bird.
In the show, Gilpin plays a soap opera actress who takes a job in a fledgeling women’s wrestling promotion, where she plays an all-american wrestling character espousing the most jingoistic American values. But when it comes to Donald Trump and other Republicans, it seems that even Liberty Bell has her limits.
And here at Bleeding Cool, our US-based reporters are engaged in Independence Day revelry while our British counterparts mourn the major ass-kicking we gave them two and a half centuries ago (it could always happen again, guys). What we’re saying is, on a day like this, we’re grateful for even the most benign actions by anyone remotely noteworthy that we can turn into a clickbait article.
GLOW is streaming on Netflix right now, so if you need to escape the BBQ for a while, go and binge it!
UPDATE: Gilpin deleted the tweet, commenting:
That escalated quickly! I don't like Trump, I love you, but if you don't love me you totallydon't have2follow me. Now back to rosé in a can.
— Betty Gilpin (@bettygilpin) July 4, 2017
Here’s the original photo:
- WATCH: Betty Gilpin Talks GLOW Season 2
- Donny Cates Confirms the End of Thanos for April’s Thanos #18… For Now - March 22, 2018
- Jim Cornette Announces Wrestling Comic at IDW, Claims It Will Make You Rich - March 22, 2018
- WWE Admits Talking to Hulk Hogan About Return - March 22, 2018
- Nix Comics Offers Subscription for All Your 2018 Rock N’ Roll, Horror, and Western Comic Needs - March 22, 2018
- Terry Funk Wants to Fight Donald Trump and Joe Biden in a Wrestling Match - March 22, 2018