It’s the 4th of July, which means everyone is too busy swilling Bud Light and grilling weenies to create entertainment news. So thanks, Betty Gilpin, star of Netflix’s GLOW (a great show, by the way). Gilpin took to Twitter to wish a happy 4th to the country’s Republican leadership as her fictional character, Liberty Bell, by flipping them the bird.
In the show, Gilpin plays a soap opera actress who takes a job in a fledgeling women’s wrestling promotion, where she plays an all-american wrestling character espousing the most jingoistic American values. But when it comes to Donald Trump and other Republicans, it seems that even Liberty Bell has her limits.
And here at Bleeding Cool, our US-based reporters are engaged in Independence Day revelry while our British counterparts mourn the major ass-kicking we gave them two and a half centuries ago (it could always happen again, guys). What we’re saying is, on a day like this, we’re grateful for even the most benign actions by anyone remotely noteworthy that we can turn into a clickbait article.
GLOW is streaming on Netflix right now, so if you need to escape the BBQ for a while, go and binge it!
UPDATE: Gilpin deleted the tweet, commenting:
Here’s the original photo:
- Emmy Nominee Betty Gilpin Writes Beautiful (and Painful) Op-Ed About Fame
- Let's Talk About GLOW Season 2 Episode 1, "Viking Funeral"
- All About Netflix's GLOW Season 2 in New Entertainment Weekly Issue
- WATCH: Betty Gilpin Talks GLOW Season 2
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018