Past Cure, the stealth action game from Phantom 8, dropped a new trailer this morning that gives us a little bit more insight to the game’s story, but also shows off the game’s combat. The fighting animations in Past Cure are completely motion-captured, having been created in collaboration with professional MMA fighters.
In addition, while the game was previously announced for PC and PlayStation 4, Past Cure is now set to join the Xbox One lineup. All versions will launch simultaneously in Q4 2017 and will be available both online and in retail stores.
Now, one of the things about Past Cure that has been difficult to piece together is the game’s story, especially if all you have to go off are the game’s prior trailers. Today’s trailer should help that out a bit, but here’s a synopsis just in case:
“After his years of being tortured in dark prisons across Europe, ex elite soldier Ian lives in the safehouse of his brother, struggling with the consequences of the military experiments he was put through. They twisted his mind, imbued him with preternatural mental abilities such as time control and telekinesis, and fractured his grip on reality. Driven by hallucinations and his thirst for revenge, Ian enlists his brother’s help as he sets out on a thrilling hunt for the perpetrators of the conspiracy against him, and for the truth underlying his torment. On his missions Ian experiments with his new powers, quickly coming to realize their inherent danger: with each use, his sanity frays a little more, inviting the nightmarish attention of something beyond reality. In pursuit of the men behind his imprisonment, Ian soon realizes that his true enemy may be hiding within his madness.
With PAST CURE, indie developer Phantom 8 Studio have successfully combined challenging stealth missions and real-time action sequences. In the world of PAST CURE, two dimensions offer two realities – the waking world, and nightmare – coming together in a game aptly described as ‘Inception meets Fight Club meets John Wick’.”
Past Cure will come to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in retail and online versions for $29.99 USD or €29.99 EU in late 2017. The new trailer is below.
- 'Dream Daddy' Delayed Due To Bug Fixes, Says Developer
- New Indie Games Subscription Service 'Jump' Announced
- ‘Castle Rock’ Adds Melanie Lynskey To J.J. Abrams/Stephen King Series
- UPDATE: ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ Resumes Production, Olympios Responds
- Full Marvel Comics Solicitations For August 2017 - And Which Comics Are Missing...
- DC Comics Solicits For July 2017 - As Everyone Is Out For Revenge Against Superman
- Dark Horse Solicitations For May 2017 - From American Gods To Predator Hunters, All That Glisters...
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018
- In Case You Missed it: Here’s Every Announcement from The Game Awards - December 7, 2018
- Midwinter Entertainment Reveals Co-op Shooter Scavengers - December 7, 2018