In an absolutely shocking move, Marvel’s biggest push for 2018 will be the Avengers. OK, it was kind of a no-brainer. After all, there’s a certain Infinity War movie coming up. And just as with Civil War II, Marvel does like to tie in with the big movies where it can — even if creators and editorial are restricted to whatever Marvel Studios puts out in trailers and teasers.
Bleeding Cool has been led to understand, however, that this will be the first of the big book relaunches to follow the stopgap of Marvel Legacy and the legacy classic renumbering of titles. And it may well be that surrounded by three-digit figure comic books across the line, a new Avengers #1 may stand out a bit more from the other Marvel comic books than it would have done of late.
Expect a new Infinity War-related storyline across the Avengers titles, even if in name only. And the new ongoing Thanos series to be playing a major part, as well.
But as for creative teams? No one is allowing a peep to escape right now, aside from Ta-Nehisi Coates taking over the still-unannounced Captain America series from Mark Waid and Chris Samnee.
- Marvel PR's Andrea Towers Talks Breaking Into Marvel Through Journalism And Those Marvel Legacy Covers
- Tomorrow's Corrected Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe Again #1 Double Page Splash In Full
- How Marvel Comics Is Trying To Push Marvel Legacy #1
- DC Comics Looking To Scoop Talent For 2018 In Wake Of Marvel Legacy Misfire
- Lord Mesa Draws His Version Of That Avengers-At-Lunch Photo
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018