This could be considered a light spoiler for Spider-Man: Homecoming. If you want to go in knowing nothing, we’ll see you after the movie is released.
When Spider-Man swung into Captain America: Civil War and stole the shield, we were all excited to see him show up. However, during the fight, several fans noticed that people kept getting the drop on him. It was like one of his primary powers, his Spider Sense, wasn’t working — or wasn’t there at all.
There are some examples of when it looks like he might have it, such as when he’s fighting Falcon and the Winter Soldier and ducks when the Winter Soldier throws something that him, but plenty of people manage to take him by surprise. Some thought this might be addressed in Spider-Man: Homecoming, but in a Cinema Blend interview with director Jon Watts, he explained why he decided to leave the Spider Sense out of the equation:
“I feel like we have seen a lot of Spider Sense in the previous films, so we didn’t really lean into that as hard as they have in the previous films. But I do think it is a really interesting thing to explore.”
So the Spider Sense is likely there, but not emphasized in the movie to the point that previously movies have. This Peter has only had his powers for a little over a year and has spent most of that time in a Stark suit. In his original outfit, he mentions the blockers he has around his eyes because all the input is too overwhelming.
As someone who has seen Spider-Man: Homecoming, I can tell you it’s not something you’ll really notice. We already know there is going to be a sequel, and Peter’s powers could change or evolve during the various Avengers movies.
Summary: Following the events of Captain America: Civil War (2016), Peter Parker attempts to balance his life in high school with his career as the web-slinging superhero Spider-Man.
Spider-Man: Homecoming, directed by Jon Watts, stars Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr., Marisa Tomei, Donald Glover, Zendaya, Tony Revolori, and Michael Keaton. Swing on down to your local theater and check it out on July 7th.
- Get Me Pictures Of Spider-Man! A Collection Of Cosplay In Honor Of Spider-Man: Homecoming
- The 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Will Deal With The "Aftermath" Of 'Avengers 4'
- [MINOR SPOILERS] Watch The Opening Scene To 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- 20+ New And Old Images From 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Marvel's TL;DR Features When Spider-Man Met The Vulture
- Robert Downey Jr Talks Being A Father Figure And How Treachery Comes With Age
- Taron Egerton Talks His “Dark And Funny” Robin Hood Adaptation - September 18, 2017
- The Rock Shares A New Teaser Trailer For Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle - September 18, 2017
- Tomb Raider – A Poster, A Teaser, And A Trailer Tomorrow - September 18, 2017
- Matthew Vaughn’s Version Of Superman Would Be “Colorful, Heroic, And Feel-Good” - September 18, 2017
- Darren Aronofsky Wanted Joaquin Phoenix To Star In His Adaptation Of Batman: Year One - September 17, 2017