Grand Theft Auto V contains a lot of references to aliens actually being part of the game-world — some of those hints being more overt than others — but this latest one is a little bit obvious. Sure, you can check out a frozen extraterrestrial in the game’s opening mission, and aliens even appear in a hallucination mission, but they’ve always been a little bit vague. But now players have discovered a much more explicit appearance for our extra-terrestrial friends in the game.
Datamining outfit The Chiliad Mystery Guru Team found a hidden supply run mission in the game’s online mode. This random mission doesn’t appear easily through normal means; it either spawns randomly with incredibly small drop rates or it requires a set of unknown conditions to be met before it can activate. However, the Guru Team tinkered with a few lines of code and were able to force the mission to occur.
The mission is a pretty routine supply run mission, wherein the player must deliver an object from one place to another — but in this case, the object you’re delivering is Alien eggs. The eggs can be found at the UFO crash site pictured above, which is perhaps the most overt reference the game has had to aliens actually existing in Grand Theft Auto V so far.
You can watch the mission in action below courtesy of the Chiliad Mystery Gurus.
- Who Could've Predicted This? Rockstar Games Sued For Ms. Cleo Lookalike
- UPDATE: 'Grand Theft Auto VI' Is Already Doing Motion Capturing
- GTA V Modding Tool OpenIV Is Available For Download Again Despite Take-Two Shut Down
- 'Kerbal Space Program' Now In The Hands Of 'GTAV' Publishers
- You Can Now Add "Gunrunner" To Your List Of Jobs In 'GTAV'
- Take-Two Interactive Did Pretty Well In 2017 Thanks To Mafia III And GTAV
- Someone Created 'Terminator 2' Using 'GTAV'
- 'GTAV' Tiny Racers Makes Us Want To Play With Micro Machines
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018
- In Case You Missed it: Here’s Every Announcement from The Game Awards - December 7, 2018
- Midwinter Entertainment Reveals Co-op Shooter Scavengers - December 7, 2018