Black Mask has released a preview of Last Song #1, a new project launching next week by Holly Interlandi and Sally Cantirino.
The book will be released as four quarterly 64-page graphic novellas, starting with Last Song #1 on July 12. Black Mask touts the format as “the unique visions of new creators looking to shake things up with fresh new approaches,” something Black Mask says it loves supporting, which is one of the reasons we love Black Mask.
Check out the synopsis below, and four preview pages below that. The 64-page black and white book will sell for $4.99.
Nicky Marshall was saved by rock and roll – or so he likes to think.
An awkward upbringing and turmoil following his father’s suicide led Nicky to form a band called Ecstasy with his childhood friend Drey. The music takes them to Los Angeles, raw and gritty and teeming with personalities. Nicky thinks they’re ready for stardom, but no one’s ever ready for stardom. This first of four oversized issues begins in the 1980s, grows out of grassroots clubs & introduces Ecstasy to the world – whether it’s ready for them or not.
From the brand new team of Holly Interlandi on scripts and Sally Cantirino on pencils & inks, this unique, heartbreaking story is about letting the music in… how it changes you and affects everyone around you, for better & worse.
- Drop Everything Because Kim & Kim Returns From Black Mask Next Week With Love Is A Battlefield
- Eric Palicki Talks No Angel #4, In Stores Today From Black Mask
- What Is Black Mask Hiding In No Angel #4? Plus: Previews Of The Dregs #4 And The Forevers #4
- Preview Black Mask's Next Hit Comic, Beautiful Canvas, From Sami Kivela & Ryan K Lindsay, In Stores June 28th
- Black Mask Launches Gravetrancers Comic By ML Miller And James Whynot In September 2017 Solicits
- Michael Che and Colin Jost Promoted to Co-Head Writers of Saturday Night Live - December 12, 2017
- BOOM! to Publish ‘Adventure Time: BMO Bonanza’ One-Shot in March - December 12, 2017
- Hope Summers Returns in Cable #155 with New Creative Team of Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, German Peralta - December 12, 2017
- 4 Mark Brooks Covers for Avengers: No Surrender in March, Plus Nick Bradshaw’s February Variants - December 12, 2017
- Vault Renames ‘Return of the Graveyard Gang’ to ‘Return to Whisper’ in Deference to Webcomic - December 12, 2017