Bungie announced at their massive Destiny 2 reveal that clans will have additional support in Destiny 2, but they didn’t exactly detail how clan migration from Destiny to Destiny 2 would work. According to the latest post on the Destiny Blog, we now have a roadmap for clan migration.
Straight from the start of the post, Bungie wanted us to know exactly what to expect moving forward. The basics are as follows:
Every Clan on Bungie.net is based on discussion Groups that were infused with tech to transmit some crucial information into the game. Some of these Groups even have a time-honored legacy that dates back to an ancient time when Bungie.net served the Halo Nation. To enhance the experience of being in a Clan in Destiny, we’re breaking some bones.Starting on July 25, 2017, Clan leaders should visit their base of operations on Bungie.net and decide if they want to convert their Group to a Destiny 2 Clan. Clan Founders will be able to transfer their title and permissions to another member who will be a more faithful leader for future adventures. If you have bigger plans for the existing Group that hosts your Clan, you can leave it as is and explore your own community purpose outside of the game. This housekeeping period will last for one month. After that time, new Clan creation functionality will go live on Bungie.net to support Destiny 2. Stay tuned for more information on that deadline!
Clans in Destiny 2 will enjoy new features in the game. Clans will be the guides of a new community, leading solo players to embrace the endgame one mission carry at a time. You’ll be able to manage your Roster and send invitations to new members right where you play. Every Guardian who calls a Clan home will earn rewards based on the success of their teammates.
So, clan leaders, get ready to move your clan forward to Destiny 2. Or pass it on to someone who’ll be happy to lead going forward. Destiny 2 launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on September 6th, 2017.
- Destiny 2 Will Receive A Limited Edition PS4 Pro Bundle
- Bungie Moves Up Destiny 2 Release Date For Server Reasons
- Destiny 2 Will Not Address The Darkness
- Destiny 2 Announces PlayStation 4 Exclusives, Including The Lake Of Shadows Strike
- Destiny 2's Darkest Hour Arrived At Sony's E3 Show
- The 'Destiny 2' Beta Date Will Be Announced At E3
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018