A few days ago Fast and Furious star Michelle Rodriguez took to social media to say that was displeased with the way the franchise is portraying women. She even implied that if it’s not taken care of then should leave entirely. That’s quite a power play to make but it also makes us ask the question about her relationship with the creative team. He co=star Vin Diesel has been a producer on all of the films and the core cast members have always said they are very close.
Rodriguez and Diesel seemed to clarify their feelings, at least regarding each other, on in an instagram video posted yesterday.
“Vin, for many years you’ve been the biggest supporter of strong women. I’ve always appreciated that about you throughout the years… Just know that if I ever post anything, that it’s not you I’m talking to.”
So whatever her feelings may be Rodriguez doesn’t have any hard feelings toward her cast member and he even seems to support her.
Proud of Our saga… but we must try to reach higher each time. The challenge is what makes it fun and exciting. Its also why this saga has reached the level that it has… you have been the best fans in film history and we are forever grateful…
Dom and Letty.
Rodriguez likely has more to say on this matter and the tone of that post seems to imply that it’s going to come up again. If Diesel supports her that is going to go a long way toward making changes in the core cast and adding more women. These movies are basically paying for Universal Picture’s bills right now and whatever Diesel and crew keep doing to make people show up to see their movie Universal wants them to keep doing it. If Rodriguez has demands and Diesel backs her up Universal is probably going to give them what they want.
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens To Quit Fast And Furious Movies If Producers Don't "Show Some Love" To Women Of Franchise
- Michelle Rodriguez Seeks Revenge For Forced Sex Change In Trailer For The Assignment
- Machete Kills Clip Showcases Michelle Rodriguez In Action Mode
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018