The latest change to an Overwatch character is happening at the moment, but thankfully it’s only happening on the Public Test Region servers… for now. According to player reports on Reddit and the Overwatch forums, Mercy’s ultimate ability has been given a slight tweak that may irk some people, but right now it doesn’t seem like it’s a major deal.
The change that’s being tested right now is that you cannot resurrect players while you are still within the spawn point. That may not seem important to a lot of people considering the fact that if you’re close enough to be rez’d near spawn, you’re probably fighting an uphill battle and might as well shoot from inside the spawn area. However, on certain maps like Anubis and Gibralter, where the point is either underneath or right next to the spawn wall, that ultimate could be a game changer.
Keep in mind that this is only still a test on the PTR and could be taken off or changed entirely before the next patch goes live. However, also bear in mind that Blizzard and the Overwatch team have zero fear of making changes to characters if they believe it will balance out the game and keep things fair for everyone. Are you a Mercy player? What do you think of this change?
- Jeff Kaplan Says 'Overwatch' Is Currently Balanced
- At Long Last, Doomfist Is Finally Teased On The 'Overwatch' Website
- Evil Geniuses Disbands Their Overwatch Team Due To Lack Of "Synergy"
- Logos For 'Overwatch' Season VI & Summer Games Revealed On Reddit
- Need More D.Va In Your Life? Blizzard Made A New 'Overwatch' Statue
- The Overwatch League Is Building A Scouting Report For Their Top Players
- We May Be Getting Doomfist In 'Overwatch' Sooner Than Later
- A Relieved Public Sighs: 'Overwatch' Reducing Duplicates In Loot Boxes
- Former WhatCulture Wrestling Crew Debut “Cultaholic” In New Video - October 16, 2017
- Two New DLC Content Drops Come To ‘Dying Light’ Today - October 16, 2017
- ‘Think Of The Children’ Gets A Launch Trailer & Release Date - October 16, 2017
- A Pair Of Trailers For ‘South Park: The Fractured But Whole’ Hit Before Release - October 16, 2017
- Bungie Shows Off The Launch Trailer For ‘Destiny 2’ On PC - October 16, 2017