Bandai Namco has had a busy weekend, a couple of announcements here and there, and now a new trailer for Code Vein is out. Actually, to call this a trailer doesn’t really describe it accurately, even though that’s what it’s being billed as. But as we watch the footage at the bottom of the screen, you might see a few familiar things.
The video for Code Vein below is essentially combat footage, as you see the game’s main character take on several different types of the same lurking beast with various blades. But if you watch the footage for about 30 seconds, you may notice a little bit more than you’d expect. Based on the swing of the blade, the running, the dodging, and most of the combat style, you can see this game was heavily (if not directly) influenced by Bloodbourne and Dark Souls. In fact, aside from a different look, I’m close to calling it a copy.
I know, there will be a few people who come by the comments section and say “this combat style has been around ages,” and I know the game’s character customization and buddy system are going to set it apart from those titles and make it a very different experience. But there’s no real denying the flow and pattern of what you’re seeing in these clips, those titles had a hell of an influence on how Code Vein‘s system was designed.
- Bandai Namco Giving Away 'Tales Of The Rays' Free On Smartphones
- 'The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights Of Britannia' Will Be Released In North America
- 'Gundam Versus' Gets A Release Date For North America
- 'Namco Museum' Is Getting 'Pac-Man Vs.' For The Switch
- Trunks Added To The Roster Of 'Dragon Ball FighterZ'
- Capcom & Bandai Namco Tag Team To Improve Matchmaking
- Bandai Namco Show Off The New Trailer For 'Code Vein'
- Splatoon 2’s Next Splatfest Fight: Flight Vs. Invisibility - August 17, 2017
- Twitch Adds In New Integration Tools For Hearthstone & Overwatch - August 17, 2017
- Capcom Releases A New Story Trailer For ‘Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite’ - August 17, 2017
- Imaginarium Studios Debuts ‘Planet Of The Apes: Last Frontier’ - August 17, 2017
- Check Out This Footage Of ‘Mario Kart Arcade GP’ In A VR Arcade - August 17, 2017