The history of wrestling is deeply ingrained in the traditions of the presidency of the United States. Founding Father George Washington himself was an accomplished Collar and Elbow style wrestler. Other wrestling presidents include Abraham Lincoln, a master of the Catch as Catch Can style, a direct predecessor of the pro wrestling of today, as well as Andrew Jackson, Zachary Taylor, Ulysses S. Grant, Chester A. Arthur, William Taft, Theodore Roosevelt, and Calvin Coolidge. George W. Bush has been rumored to be a pro wrestling fan, and Jimmy Carter’s mother definitely was a fan.
But perhaps the wrestlingest president to ever wrestle is President Donald Trump, whose long association with pro wrestling company WWE goes back decades. Trump hosted WrestleMania IV and V at his Trump Plaza in Atlantic City, and participated in a major wrestling angle culminating in one of the main events of Wrestlemania 23, earning him a spot in the WWE Hall of Fame. Former WWE CEO Linda McMahon even has a spot on Trump’s cabinet as head of the Small Business Administration, and the entire McMahon family has visited Trump in the White House.
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin has stunned 46 percent of the people in this photo, including the president. pic.twitter.com/GKkz0cjB5d
— Dan McQuade (@dhm) February 15, 2017
Undoubtedly, presidents like Washington, Lincoln, and Roosevelt were rolling in their graves with pride when Donald Trump posted the following video on Twitter, showing a clip from Wrestlemania 23 in which he attacks WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, but replacing McMahon’s head with the logo of news organization CNN.
“#FraudNewsCNN,” Trump tweeted along with the video of him brutally assaulting the media. “#FNN.”
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 2, 2017
When you consider the office of the president’s long association with wrestling, in a way, Donald Trump has never looked so presidential.
- Watch The Trailer For Hulk Hogan Sex Tape Doc "Nobody Speak," Streaming on Netflix June 23
- Trump Political Ally Jesse Ventura Has Vladimir Putin's Personal Assurance For New TV Show
- Linda McMahon Defends Donald Trump, Chooses Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Over Vin Diesel In Epic Bout With Katie Couric
- Donald Trump Launches Subscription Box So Marvel Fans Can Give Him Money Directly
- Have You Ever Wondered What Wrestling Superstar Virgil Thinks Of Donald Trump?
- Did WWE Chairman Vince McMahon Have Something To Do With Donald Trump Firing James Comey?
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018