Three more clips for Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets have appeared online and they showcase the huge amount of detail that has gone into crafting this world. The video actually have five clips, two of which we posted yesterday, but we got them all in place to make it easier.
The first one is likely the first couple of scenes we see in the movie. We see Valarian (Dane DeHaan) and Laureline (Cara Delevingne) on what appears to some sort of mission. The world they are on looks very Star Wars and the animal itself is rendered pretty well. The entertaining bit is the contrast between clothing. Valerian and Laureline look pretty for a hipster beach party while everyone around them looks like they’re in a Mad Max movie.
The second is the exposition dump we had yesterday. It’s still cool to learn everything about Alpha.
The third is a nice little clip that shows us, a bit, about the relationship between Valerian and Laureline. They snark back and forth as Valerian criticizes her “driving” and she refuses to continue to drive until he apologizes. It’s the kind of argument that lots of couples have all the time and we know these two are involved. It’s also the kind of argument that could tell us they’ve been together for awhile and are that at ease around each other.
The fourth is the scene we’ve seen from the trailer. Valerian needs to get somewhere quickly so he basically turns himself into the Juggernaut and smashes through the wall. It’s a very cool sequence as Valerian goes through the various locations around Alpha that we saw explained earlier.
The fifth is the clip from yesterday of Laureline interrogating some aliens.
The amount of detail and love put into this movie becomes more and more apparent with every scene we see. If it works, and there is the chance that it won’t, it could be something really special. In a summer marred by sequels it’ll be nice to see a new IP (even if it based on a comic).
A dark force threatens Alpha, a vast metropolis and home to species from a thousand planets. Special operatives Valerian and Laureline must race to identify the marauding menace and safeguard not just Alpha, but the future of the universe.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, directed by Luc Besson, stars Dane DeHaan, Cara Delevingne, Clive Owen, Rihanna, Ethan Hawke, John Goodman, Herbie Hancock, and Kris Wu. It blasts into theaters July 21st.
- Win These Custom Prints From 'Valerian: City of Alpha'
- Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets Review: A Flawed Film Filtered Through Beautiful Visuals
- 'Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets' Round-Up
- The Final Trailer For 'Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets' Is Bonkers
- Valerian Funko Pops Are Heading Our Way In June
- The Fifth Element Returns To Movie Theaters For 20th Anniversary With Special Valerian Preview
- Luc Besson's Trailer For Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets Is Utterly Amazing
- Cinebook To Publish The Complete Valerian, Starting In 2017
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018